Star Tracks: Monday, May 16, 2016 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Naomi Watts and Liev Schrieber Split: Inside Their 11 Year Romance and its Sad Final Chapter
- Read the Cover Story: Brad & Angelina Split After 12 Years: It's Over
- Debate Karma: Donald Trump Mocked on Twitter for Excessive Water Drinking
- Houston Metro Officer Resigns After Video of Him Beating a Man Surfaces
- Naomi Watts Smiles on Set in NYC Amid Split from Liev Schreiber
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- March 28, 2011
- Vol. 75
- No. 12
A HOLE NEW SPIN ON DONUTS
Bacon toppings, fun flavors, new shapes: How bakeries are reinventing the classic treat
On the menu: cinnamon donuts sprinkled with coffee beans, banana with candied bacon, or sweet potato topped with cream cheese glaze.
OUTSIDE THE BOX
(1) REGIS PHILBIN and KELLY RIPA sampled the square donuts filled with blackberry jam from N.Y.C.'s Doughnut Plant.
(2) Donuts from Chicago's Bleeding Heart Bakery (CRYSTAL BOWERSOX is a fan) include ingredients like avocado, candied rose petals and wasabi peas.
(3) ANTHONY BOURDAIN praised the "nonconformist" flavors at Voodoo Doughnut in Portland, Ore., which serves this M&M-topped sugar rush.
HOT NEW DESSERT
• RIHANNA has indulged in the Carnival, a dessert at New York City nightspot Abe & Arthur's that features ricotta donuts. Diners can also create their donut holes with their choice of strawberry or caramel filling.
DELIVERED TO YOUR DOOR!
• ROBERT DOWNEY JR. filmed a scene at the L.A.-area landmark Randy's Donuts for Iron Man 2. ($8.95 per dozen plus overnight shipping; randys-donuts.com)
Chopped star Marc Murphy wowed the judges at the South Beach Wine & Food Festival's Burger Bash
THE BIG MARC
½ cup mayonnaise
1 tbsp. Dijon mustard
1½ tsp. roasted garlic
¾ cup ketchup
5 tbsp. vodka
2½ lbs. 80/20 ground beef, formed into 6½-in. thick patties
Salt and pepper
2 tbsp. canola oil
6 potato rolls
6 tbsp. melted butter
6 slices cheddar cheese
36 slices bread-and-butter pickles
12 tbsp. spiked ketchup
1. In a bowl, combine mayonnaise, Dijon mustard and roasted garlic. Add ketchup and vodka and mix.
2. Season patties with salt and pepper and coat with oil. In a very hot skillet or on a grill, sear patties for 4 minutes on one side. Flip and cook for 2 more minutes. Remove from heat and keep warm. Wipe out skillet.
3. Brush potato rolls all over with melted butter. Toast on both sides, in the skillet or on the grill. Put 1 cheese slice on top half of roll. Grind some black pepper over cheese and put in toaster oven or back on grill until cheese melts, 1 minute.
4. Place 6 pickle slices on each bottom roll, top with hamburger, and spoon 2 tablespoons spiked ketchup on burger. Top with other half of roll.
- CONTRIBUTORS Liza Hamm,
- Thailan Pham,
- Suzanne Zuckerman,
- with Marisa Laudadio.
September 24, 2016
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!