Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,180 covers and 55,278 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Jennifer Lawrence: Inside Her Next Moves
- Read the Cover Story: At Home with Britney Spears and Her Boys!
- Zayn Malik Speaks Out About Leaving One Direction: 'I Feel Like I'm Doing What's Right'
- VIDEO: Bruce Jenner Cries After Ex-Wife Kris Removes Him from Her Living Will
- Former Family Matters Star Darius McCrary Arrested for Failing to Pay Child Support
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- March 28, 2011
- Vol. 75
- No. 12
A HOLE NEW SPIN ON DONUTS
Bacon toppings, fun flavors, new shapes: How bakeries are reinventing the classic treat
On the menu: cinnamon donuts sprinkled with coffee beans, banana with candied bacon, or sweet potato topped with cream cheese glaze.
OUTSIDE THE BOX
(1) REGIS PHILBIN and KELLY RIPA sampled the square donuts filled with blackberry jam from N.Y.C.'s Doughnut Plant.
(2) Donuts from Chicago's Bleeding Heart Bakery (CRYSTAL BOWERSOX is a fan) include ingredients like avocado, candied rose petals and wasabi peas.
(3) ANTHONY BOURDAIN praised the "nonconformist" flavors at Voodoo Doughnut in Portland, Ore., which serves this M&M-topped sugar rush.
HOT NEW DESSERT
• RIHANNA has indulged in the Carnival, a dessert at New York City nightspot Abe & Arthur's that features ricotta donuts. Diners can also create their donut holes with their choice of strawberry or caramel filling.
DELIVERED TO YOUR DOOR!
• ROBERT DOWNEY JR. filmed a scene at the L.A.-area landmark Randy's Donuts for Iron Man 2. ($8.95 per dozen plus overnight shipping; randys-donuts.com)
Chopped star Marc Murphy wowed the judges at the South Beach Wine & Food Festival's Burger Bash
THE BIG MARC
½ cup mayonnaise
1 tbsp. Dijon mustard
1½ tsp. roasted garlic
¾ cup ketchup
5 tbsp. vodka
2½ lbs. 80/20 ground beef, formed into 6½-in. thick patties
Salt and pepper
2 tbsp. canola oil
6 potato rolls
6 tbsp. melted butter
6 slices cheddar cheese
36 slices bread-and-butter pickles
12 tbsp. spiked ketchup
1. In a bowl, combine mayonnaise, Dijon mustard and roasted garlic. Add ketchup and vodka and mix.
2. Season patties with salt and pepper and coat with oil. In a very hot skillet or on a grill, sear patties for 4 minutes on one side. Flip and cook for 2 more minutes. Remove from heat and keep warm. Wipe out skillet.
3. Brush potato rolls all over with melted butter. Toast on both sides, in the skillet or on the grill. Put 1 cheese slice on top half of roll. Grind some black pepper over cheese and put in toaster oven or back on grill until cheese melts, 1 minute.
4. Place 6 pickle slices on each bottom roll, top with hamburger, and spoon 2 tablespoons spiked ketchup on burger. Top with other half of roll.
- CONTRIBUTORS Liza Hamm,
- Thailan Pham,
- Suzanne Zuckerman,
- with Marisa Laudadio.
March 27, 2015
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!