- Calvin Harris Acknowledges Taylor Swift's Skills in Cute Instagram: 'She Cooks Too'
- Read the Cover Story: Growing Up Kennedy!
Exclusive Family Photos from White House Nanny
- Father and Sons Poisoned on Caribbean Vacation Remain Paralyzed
- PHOTO: Bethenny Frankel Bends Over Backwards (Literally) to Kick Off the Holiday Weekend
- FROM EW: TV Marathons You Can Binge on this Fourth of July Weekend
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
- April 18, 2011
- Vol. 75
- No. 15
Geraldine Ferraro: 1935-2011
The First Woman VP Nominee, She Showed the Likes of Hillary Rodham Clinton and Sarah Palin What Might Be
A lawyer who, as a congresswoman in 1984, was tapped by Democrat Walter Mondale to be the first woman on a major presidential ticket, Ferraro died on March 26 at age 75, with her husband of 50 years, John Zaccaro, and their three children at her bedside. Before championing the cause of cancer research, she'd kept her diagnosis secret for three years, calling privacy one perk of losing elections. But for a generation of women, it's the trailblazing-not the loss-that is legacy. "She won't see the woman President who will finish breaking the glass ceiling," says U.S. Sen. Kay Bailey Hutchison, "but we will all be standing on the shoulders of Gerry Ferraro."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!