Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 41 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Birthday Girl Kaley Cuoco Reflects on Life After Divorce: There's 'Nothing I Can't Handle'
- Read the Cover Story: Adele’s Triumphant Return: How Love Changed Her Life
- Joey Feek Plays Dress-Up in Cute Matching Pigtail Hats with Daughter Indiana
- Mom of Transgender Child Says She Was 'Obsessed with Death' Before Her Transition
- Woman Who Allegedly Posted Photo of Dog with Muzzle Taped Shut Charged with Animal Cruelty
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- April 25, 2011
- Vol. 75
- No. 16
San Francisco's American Grilled Cheese Kitchen-where stars like Lady Gaga have dined-shares a bestselling treat
MOSCONE GRILLED CHEESE SANDWICH
Makes 1 sandwich
1 plum or Roma tomato, cut into 4 slices
½ tsp. olive oil Salt
2 medium-thick slices rustic country bread
4 tsp. salted butter, softened
2 tsp. pesto
2 oz. Italian fontina cheese, sliced thin
2 oz. mozzarella cheese, sliced thin
2 tsp. Kalamata olive tapenade (available at GauchoGourmet.com)
1. Preheat oven to 350. Place tomato slices on sheet pan. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt. Roast tomatoes for 7 minutes. Set aside.
2. Spread butter on the outside of each bread slice. Spread pesto on unbuttered side of 1 slice. Cover pesto side with fontina. Top with roasted tomato slices, followed by mozzarella. Spread tapenade on unbuttered side of second bread slice and place on top of sandwich.
3. Heat a cast iron pan or griddle over medium heat. Cook sandwich covered for 2-3 minutes. Uncover, flip sandwich over and cook covered for another 2-3 minutes until bread is toasted and cheese is melted. Serve.
CRISTINA FERRARE'S CHICKEN WRAP
A healthy recipe from one of Oprah Winfrey's favorite cooks
ROASTED CHICKEN WRAP WITH BLACK BEAN SALSA, ARUGULA AND GUACAMOLE
4 ripe avocados
½ medium white onion, finely chopped
½ cup cilantro, finely chopped
6 tbsp. fresh lime juice
1½ tsp. kosher salt
2 jalapeno peppers, 1 finely chopped and 1 sliced thin for garnish (optional)
6 (8- or 10-inch) flour or whole wheat tortillas
2 roasted chicken breasts, diced
12-16 tbsp. black bean salsa, plus extra for serving
4-5 cups arugula leaves
6 tbsp. sour cream
1. Cut avocados in half. Remove pits and scoop avocado into a glass bowl. Mash until avocado is creamy.
2. Add onion, cilantro, lime juice, salt and chopped jalapenos. Taste and add more salt if necessary.
1. Preheat oven to 325. Wrap tortillas in foil and heat for 15 minutes. Turn off the oven, but leave tortillas inside until you are ready to use them.
2. To assemble each wrap, place 1 tortilla on a warm plate. Spread 2 tbsp. guacamole over the entire tortilla. Add ¼ cup chicken to the bottom third of tortilla. Top with 2-3 tbsp. black bean salsa and 6-10 arugula leaves. Roll tortilla over once, and fold the sides in tightly to form a burrito shape. With seam side down, cut wrap on the diagonal. Serve with sour cream, guacamole and salsa.
Recipe adapted from Ferrare's cookbook Big Bowl of Love (Sterling Epicure), in stores now.
December 01, 2015
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!