Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,173 covers and 55,054 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Heidi Pratt's Father Arrested on Child Sex Abuse Charges
- The Style Top 5: Sarah Jessica Parker Brings Her Shoe Line to Zappos, Katy Perry Preps for the Super Bowl and More
- Harry Potter Star Robbie Coltrane Hospitalized in Florida
- Kim Kardashian's Ultimate Instagram? See Her and Kanye with President Obama
- Val Kilmer Rushed to the Hospital for Throat Tumor: Report
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Saturday January 31, 2015 03:10AM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- April 25, 2011
- Vol. 75
- No. 16
San Francisco's American Grilled Cheese Kitchen-where stars like Lady Gaga have dined-shares a bestselling treat
MOSCONE GRILLED CHEESE SANDWICH
Makes 1 sandwich
1 plum or Roma tomato, cut into 4 slices
½ tsp. olive oil Salt
2 medium-thick slices rustic country bread
4 tsp. salted butter, softened
2 tsp. pesto
2 oz. Italian fontina cheese, sliced thin
2 oz. mozzarella cheese, sliced thin
2 tsp. Kalamata olive tapenade (available at GauchoGourmet.com)
1. Preheat oven to 350. Place tomato slices on sheet pan. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt. Roast tomatoes for 7 minutes. Set aside.
2. Spread butter on the outside of each bread slice. Spread pesto on unbuttered side of 1 slice. Cover pesto side with fontina. Top with roasted tomato slices, followed by mozzarella. Spread tapenade on unbuttered side of second bread slice and place on top of sandwich.
3. Heat a cast iron pan or griddle over medium heat. Cook sandwich covered for 2-3 minutes. Uncover, flip sandwich over and cook covered for another 2-3 minutes until bread is toasted and cheese is melted. Serve.
CRISTINA FERRARE'S CHICKEN WRAP
A healthy recipe from one of Oprah Winfrey's favorite cooks
ROASTED CHICKEN WRAP WITH BLACK BEAN SALSA, ARUGULA AND GUACAMOLE
4 ripe avocados
½ medium white onion, finely chopped
½ cup cilantro, finely chopped
6 tbsp. fresh lime juice
1½ tsp. kosher salt
2 jalapeno peppers, 1 finely chopped and 1 sliced thin for garnish (optional)
6 (8- or 10-inch) flour or whole wheat tortillas
2 roasted chicken breasts, diced
12-16 tbsp. black bean salsa, plus extra for serving
4-5 cups arugula leaves
6 tbsp. sour cream
1. Cut avocados in half. Remove pits and scoop avocado into a glass bowl. Mash until avocado is creamy.
2. Add onion, cilantro, lime juice, salt and chopped jalapenos. Taste and add more salt if necessary.
1. Preheat oven to 325. Wrap tortillas in foil and heat for 15 minutes. Turn off the oven, but leave tortillas inside until you are ready to use them.
2. To assemble each wrap, place 1 tortilla on a warm plate. Spread 2 tbsp. guacamole over the entire tortilla. Add ¼ cup chicken to the bottom third of tortilla. Top with 2-3 tbsp. black bean salsa and 6-10 arugula leaves. Roll tortilla over once, and fold the sides in tightly to form a burrito shape. With seam side down, cut wrap on the diagonal. Serve with sour cream, guacamole and salsa.
Recipe adapted from Ferrare's cookbook Big Bowl of Love (Sterling Epicure), in stores now.
January 30, 2015
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!