Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- WATCH: Kristen Stewart and Nicholas Hoult Try to Resist Their Feelings in Clip from Sci-Fi Drama Equals
- Read the Cover Story: Steve Harvey: From Homeless to Having It All
- Khloé Kardashian Feels Conflicted About Her Exes: 'If People Are Destructive to You Emotionally, That Still Doesn't Mean You Can't Love Them'
- Mother-in-Law of Murdered Texas Fitness Instructor Shares Love Story Between Her Son and Daughter-in-Law: 'She Was Definitely the One'
- WATCH: Jennifer Holliday Surprises The View's Whoopi Goldberg with Superstar Co-Host Karaoke Performance of 'And I Am Telling You I'm Not Going'
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- May 02, 2011
- Vol. 75
- No. 17
Former Kensington Palace chef Darren McGrady shares his recipe for the royal heir's "all-time favorite" dish
2 tbsp. vegetable oil
1 large onion, chopped
1½ lbs. ground beef
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
1½ tsp. dried thyme
2 cups water
1 tbsp. browning and seasoning sauce (such as Kitchen Bouquet)
2 beef bouillon cubes
1 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
2¼ lbs. red potatoes (7 to 8), peeled
1/8 tsp. grated nutmeg
¼ cup heavy cream
1 egg yolk
½ stick (4 tbsp.) butter
1½ tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. ground white pepper
1 cup grated cheddar cheese
1. Heat oil in a large saucepan and saute onions, 5 to 6 minutes.
2. Add ground beef and cook until no longer pink, 5 to 6 minutes. Stir in flour, thyme, water, seasoning sauce, bouillon cubes and Worcestershire sauce.
3. Reduce heat; simmer until sauce thickens and meat is fork-tender, 35 to 40 minutes. Remove pan from stove and transfer beef to earthenware dish. Reserve liquid.
4. Preheat oven to 350. Place potatoes in a large pot and cover with cold water. Cover pot and bring to a boil. Lower heat; simmer until tender, 20 to 25 minutes. Drain potatoes and mash them.
5. Combine nutmeg, cream and egg yolk with butter, salt and pepper. Mix into mashed potatoes. Pipe potatoes over meat using a pastry bag.
6. Sprinkle with cheese, bake until potatoes are golden brown, 30 to 35 minutes. Serve with warmed sauce.
*Adapted from McGrady's Eating Royally
Getting up early to watch the royal wedding with friends and family? The British chef provides a recipe that makes the perfect culinary complement to the big event
STRAWBERRIES AND CREAM MINI MUFFINS
Makes 24 muffins
1 cup strawberries, slightly under-ripe, diced into quarter-inch pieces
1 squeeze of lemon juice
1 cup flour
½ cup sugar
1 tsp. baking powder
¼ cup vegetable oil
1/3 cup sour cream
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 large egg
1 tsp. powdered sugar
1. Preheat oven to 400. Line a 24-cup mini-muffin tin with paper baking cups.
2. Put diced strawberries into a bowl, spritz lemon juice on them and stir gently to combine.
3. In a medium-size bowl, stir together flour, sugar and baking powder.
4. In a small bowl, beat together oil, sour cream, vanilla and egg. Pour mixture over dry ingredients, stirring to combine with a wooden spoon. Fold in strawberries.
5. Divide batter evenly among the paper cups in the mini-muffin tin. Bake for 12 to 14 minutes or until a cake tester comes out clean.
6. Place tin on a wire rack and leave for 5 minutes. Take out the muffins and continue cooling them in the paper cups on the wire rack. When muffins are completely cool, place the powdered sugar in a small sieve. Shake sieve lightly to dust the muffins with sugar. Serve.
GIVE A ROYAL TOAST
The London nightclub owner-and pal of Prince William's-shares a cocktail recipe
PUBLIC'S CHAMPAGNE COCKTAIL
¼ cup fresh or frozen (defrosted) raspberries
2 tbsp. water
¼ cup vodka
3 tbsp. lemon juice
2 tbsp. raspberry liqueur 1½ tbsp. simple syrup
½ cup chilled champagne or sparkling wine
Fresh raspberries for garnish
1. Puree berries and water until smooth.
2. Combine berry puree, vodka, lemon juice, liqueur and simple syrup in an ice-filled shaker and shake vigorously.
3. Divide among 2 champagne flutes and top with champagne. Garnish.
For more drink ideas, visit people.com/royalcocktails
WHERE WILL THEY HONEYMOON?
The bride and groom are keeping mum on their plans, but here's a guide to destinations that have a special meaning to the couple
1. IBIZA, SPAIN
What it's known for: Considered Europe's party capital, it's also perfect for simply lounging on a private yacht. Why it's special to Will and Kate: One of Kate's uncles owns a villa there, plus the couple took a vacation (complete with a visit to a natural mud bath) on the island in 2006. Info: ibiza.travel/en
2. RUTUNDU, KENYA
What it's known for: Located on the slopes of Mt. Kenya, the site provides a jumping-off spot for safaris in the Lewa Wildlife Conservancy. Why it's special to Will and Kate: The prince proposed to Kate at a Rutundu lodge. During their stay, Kate wrote in the inn's guest book, "I love the warm fires and candle lights." Info: lewa.org
3. NECKER ISLAND, BRITISH VIRGIN ISLANDS
What it's known for: Owned by British tycoon Sir Richard Branson, the island is designed for privacy-visitors can rent out the entire place and have the Caribbean enclave all to themselves. Why it's special to Will and Kate: Branson's daughter Holly is a member of Will and Kate's inner circle. Info: neckerisland.virgin.com
4. CAIRNS, AUSTRALIA
What it's known for: It's a popular spot for those looking to scuba dive on the nearby Great Barrier Reef. Why it's special to Will and Kate: During a visit in March, Will told the locals, "I love scuba diving... . I will have to come back-maybe we'll have a honeymoon in Cairns?" Info: cairns.aust.com
- CONTRIBUTORS Liza Hamm,
- Thailan Pham,
- Suzanne Zuckerman,
- with Monique Jessen,
- Simon Perry.
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!