Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 41 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Wild Thing! Coco Austin Displays Bare Baby Bump in Animal Print Bra at 36 Weeks
- Read the Cover Story: David Beckham: Sexiest Man Alive!
- President Obama Says He Feels 'Verklempt' as He Gives Barbra Streisand Her Medal of Freedom
- Alek Skarlatos Joins the DWTS Live Tour: 'I Can't Wait for the Adventure'
- Protests Take Place in Chicago After Disturbing Police Shooting Video Is Released
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- May 02, 2011
- Vol. 75
- No. 17
Meet Sparky: A School's Best Friend
Twice Rejected Because He's Deaf, a Lovable Dachshund Finally Finds a Home in Missouri with Kids Just Like Him
Then she had an idea. The dog was perfectly suited to a program at a state prison where inmates give rescue animals special training meant to make them better pets. Using American Sign Language, inmates taught the dog basic commands-sit, stay, lie down-then wrote to the Missouri School for the Deaf in Fulton, Mo., hoping for a home. "He's an adorable, people-loving, 1-year-old, crystal-blue-eyed miniature dachshund," wrote the inmates. For school superintendent Barbara Garrison, "It was a no-brainer." Students instantly took to the dog, naming him Sparky and begging him to sit on their laps and sleep in their rooms. With a pet back home who answers only to voice commands, Catherine Slinkard, 16, says, "it was pretty cool to have a dog that would listen." Adds Michael Miller, 18: "He's just like us."
November 23, 2015
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!