Star Tracks: Monday, May 16, 2016 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- The 15 Most Stylish VMA Couples of All Time
- Read the Cover Story: The Gosselins 10 Years Later: 'So Much Has Changed'
- VMAs Video Vanguard Winners' Most Michael Jackson Moments
- Kim Kardashian West Busts Out Her Blonde Wig Again for Night Out with Kendall Jenner
- Polish Olympian Auctions Off His Silver Medal to Pay for a Young Boy's Medical Bills
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- May 16, 2011
- Vol. 75
- No. 19
My Life in Pictures: Dick Van Dyke
In His New Memoir, the Small-Town Kid Becomes a Star Beloved by Generations
THE DICK VAN DYKE SHOW
"People assumed we were married," he says of costar Moore (in 1962). "I'd check into a hotel with my [real] wife, and they would say, 'Who's this?'"
"I don't know which birthday this is," says Van Dyke (in front of his family's home). "But in those days it was 50 cents a ride."
"I loved working with kids," Van Dyke says of movies like 1968's Chitty Chitty Bang Bang. "You do a lot of clowning and get to know them." In the '90s, he acted with his grown children on Diagnosis Murder. "We loved working together."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!