Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,181 covers and 55,435 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Wearing Shorts This Weekend? You Might Want to Check Out This Smoothing, Firming Spray
- Read the Cover Story – Tess Holliday: The World's First Size 22 Supermodel!
- Jennifer Lopez: What I Eat in a Day
- FIRST LOOK: See Pat Green's Touching Tribute to Long-Distance Parents in New Video
- N.Y.C. Food Cart Vendor Fired After Astronomical $30 Hot Dogs Cause Outrage
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- May 09, 2011
- Vol. 75
- No. 18
The singer shares a healthy and kid-friendly dish from her new cookbook
SLOW-COOKED SALSA CHICKEN TACOS
1½ cups chicken stock
1½ cups mild salsa
2 (8-oz.) skinless, boneless chicken breasts
8 taco shells or whole-wheat tortillas
2 cups shredded lettuce
1 cup diced tomatoes
1 cup shredded cheddar or provolone cheese
4 tbsp. sour cream (Crow recommends using all organic ingredients if possible)
1. In a large saucepan, bring stock and salsa to a simmer over medium heat. Add the chicken and simmer covered, until tender, about 1½ hours. Remove from pan and cool. Reserve cooking liquid.
2. Shred chicken and put it in a bowl. Drizzle with enough of the cooking liquid to keep the chicken moist.
3. Fill taco shells or tortillas with chicken and top with lettuce, tomatoes, cheese and sour cream.
Crow's cookbook If It Makes You Healthy (St. Martin's Press) is in stores now.
Direct from the Tennessee shop owners: The scoop on some of the decorative touches the singer recently purchased for her new Nashville condo
Swift owns this custom pillow, which fits her "French country" motif, says Jules Wortman, owner of Jewelweed in Gallatin, Tenn. Custom Pillow, $90; jewelweeddesignstudio.com
"Taylor loves mixing patterns," says Julie Schenck, assistant manager at Franklin, Tenn.'s Harmony Home. Williamsburg Placemats, $8.95 each; harmonyhomeshop.com
A LITTLE AMBIENCE
"This candle has a soft floral scent-very girlie, like her," says Teresa Ofman, owner of Lulu in Franklin, Tenn. Lollia Candle in "Breathe," $34; 615-794-3345
Rustic lamp "She was attracted to the lamp's robin's-egg-blue color," says Ofman. "Taylor loves feminine decor."
Gallery Design Lamp, $285; 615-794-3345
"She's down-to-earth," says Schenck. "This quilt has that feel but doesn't look like grandma's." Berkeley Green Quilt, $140; harmonyhomeshop.com
Bert the Conqueror's
GUIDE TO THRILLS
Feel like thrashing around in mashed potatoes? Or watching people swan-dive into a mud puddle? Travel Channel adventurer Bert Kreischer gives a rundown of some wacky competitions taking place this spring and summer
MUD-PIT BELLY FLOP
Event: Summer Redneck Games Location: East Dublin, Ga. Date: July 9 "It's awesome watching out-of-shape men throw their bodies into the air," Kreischer says of the belly-flop contest. Info: summerredneckgames.com
MASHED POTATO WRESTLING
Event: Potato Days Festival Location: Clark, S.D.
Date: July 30 "It's a lot rougher than you expect," Kreischer says of the wrestling match, and "the food at the festival is amazing." Info: clarksd.com
THE GREASY POLE
Event: St. Peter's Fiesta Location: Gloucester, Mass. Date: June 22-26 "People wipe out harder than you've ever seen people wipe out," Kreischer says of the event, which pits contestants against a 30-ft.- high slippery log. Info: stpetersfiesta.org
WORLD'S TOUGHEST MUDDER
Event: Tough Mudder Location: Held nationwide Upcoming dates: May 7-8 (Mount Snow, Vt.); May 28-29 (L.A.) Kreischer actually took part in this 12-mile obstacle course. "The obstacles are overwhelming," he says. "I'm shocked I finished it." Info: toughmudder.com
- CONTRIBUTORS Liza Hamm,
- Thailan Pham,
- Suzanne Zuckerman,
- with Eileen Finan.
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!