- Keith Urban Celebrates His Anniversary with Nicole Kidman by FaceTiming with Her On Stage
- Read the Cover Story: Matthew McConaughey: Love, Family & What I've Learned
- Meet the Parents, Part 2! Taylor Swift Meets Tom Hiddleston's Mom After Introducing Him to Her Folks
- Mariah Carey Gets Cheeky in Sexy Corset and Stockings for Las Vegas DJ Set
- WATCH: Countess Luann de Lesseps on Bethenny Frankel: “I’m Marrying a Single Man, and She’s Actually Dating a Married Man”
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
- June 20, 2011
- Vol. 75
- No. 24
Mary-Kate & Ashley Olsen: Their Full House of Style
How the Former Child Stars Reinvented Themselves as Fashion's Hottest Duo
That passion-along with a talent for impeccable tailoring and an instinct for what women want-was recognized on June 6 at the prestigious CFDA Fashion Awards in New York City, though nominees Mary-Kate and Ashley ultimately lost the new-talent award to designer Prabal Gurung. "They're among the few celebrities with a fashion brand who do it successfully," says Project Runway's Nina Garcia. "There's nobody pulling the strings there. It's those girls doing all the work."
It's a new chapter for the Olsens, who first hit the spotlight as 9-month-old cherubs on Full House and later became a constant fixture on the late-night club scene during their college years at NYU. "They were being normal kids. In college, you go crazy," says a fashion source. But in recent years, "they just really grew up," says the source. Since launching The Row, the twins-who will be 25 on June 13-have turned that label into a $12 million annual business and expanded their design empire (see box below). "Hopefully we offer something a little different and a little more exciting," Ashley told PEOPLE last year.
But aside from introducing a new line of handbags, the Olsens aren't trying to plan too far in advance. "We don't necessarily know what we're doing tomorrow," Mary-Kate has said. "If you'd asked us 10 years ago if we thought we'd be here, we probably [would have thought] it'd be a stretch."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!