Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,181 covers and 55,435 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Teen Thanks Taylor Swift for Saving Her Friends' Lives After Accident – with a Light-Up Bracelet from Singer's Concert
- Read the Cover Story: The Duggars' Dark Secrets
- Scripps National Spelling Bee Ends in a Tie for the Second Year in a Row
- D.C. Mansion Murders Surviving Housekeeper: 'They Saved My Life'
- The Bachelor's Chris Harrison Is 'Sorry' to Hear About Chris Soules and Whitney Bischoff's Split
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
Brad Paisley: 'Old Alabama'
Brad Paisley Pays Tribute to One of Country's Greatest Bands-With a Little Help from the Bandleader Himself, Randy Owen
"We had the chorus pretty quick," says Paisley, "and we had a bridge that said, 'If you really want to turn her on, play her some old Alabama.' Then Chris says, No, it needs to be 'Play some back home, come on music, that comes from the heart.' And it went from there."
Inviting Alabama to perform on the record brought the song full circle. When Owen joined Paisley in the studio, "he brought the guitar he played on 'Mountain Music' and 'Feels So Right' and started playing, and it sounded exactly like we were back in time," says Paisley. "It was unbelievable!" "It brought back such great memories; that was a gift," says Owen. "I was so proud we hadn't been forgotten about." In fact, thanks to the song's success, the group is now reaching a whole new audience. "To have all these people saying, 'Oh, I forgot how great they were,' and to see young kids just discovering Alabama, I love that," says Paisley. "I'm proud to be some part of it."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!