Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,178 covers and 55,102 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Watch: Josh Hutcherson Faces Jimmy Fallon in Boozy Hockey Rematch
- The Style Top 5: Cara Delevingne Gets Handsy With Her BFFs, Kim Kardashian's Unique Way of Thanking Her Fans and More
- True Blood's Stephen Moyer Opens Up About His Addiction to Alcohol
- Did Ryan Gosling Get A Tattoo of His Daughter’s Name? (PHOTO)
- Kelly Clarkson: Inside Her Life as a Mom
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- July 18, 2011
- Vol. 76
- No. 2
This is one of the dishes William and Kate will be served at a charity polo match in Santa Barbara, Calif., July 9. 'It's elegant comfort food,' says De Laurentiis, the event's chef
BEEF TENDERLOIN CROSTINI
½ baguette sliced into 20 (¼-to-½-in.-thick) slices
Extra-virgin olive oil
ground black pepper
½ tsp. cumin
½ tsp. coriander
1 clove garlic, finely minced
2 4-oz. filet mignon steaks
1/3 cup mayonnaise
3 tbsp. mascarpone cheese
2 tbsp. finely chopped fresh basil
1 ¼ tsp. curry powder
½ tsp. smoked paprika
¼ cup cilantro leaves
1. Preheat oven to 400. Arrange bread slices on baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and season with ¼ tsp. salt. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes. Leave oven on.
2. Spray a small baking sheet with vegetable oil cooking spray.
3. Combine ½ tsp. salt, ¼ tsp. pepper, cumin, coriander and garlic. Rub the mixture all over the steaks. In a nonstick skillet, heat 2 tbsp. oil over medium-high heat. Add steaks and cook for 2 minutes on each side. Transfer to baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes. Let rest for 10 minutes before slicing across the grain into 20 (¼-in.-thick) slices.
4. Whisk together mayonnaise, mascarpone cheese, basil, curry powder, smoked paprika, 1/8 tsp. salt and 1/8 tsp. pepper.
5. Spread ½ tsp. of mayonnaise over each toast slice. Top each with a slice of steak. Place ¼ tsp. of mayonnaise on top of the steak. Finish with a cilantro leaf.
Recipe adapted courtesy of De Laurentiis
For more on the July 9 event benefiting the American Friends of the Foundation of Prince William and Prince Harry, go to foundationpolochallenge.com
What's the Most Exotic Food
YOUR KID LOVES?
"Exotic for kids can be just vegetables. My son likes lima beans. Isn't that crazy? I'm like, 'You want more lima beans?'" Kelly Rutherford, mom of Hermes, 4, and Helena, 2
"One of my daughters loves food. Last night I talked to her about macaroons. The other would rather just have a jelly sandwich."
Marcia Cross, mom of twins Eden and Savannah, 4
"My daughter is a sushi freak. Her favorite is salmon roe. My son is all about plain pasta. No sauce, no nothing."
Chris Meloni, dad of Sophia, 10, and Dante, 7
"When she tried Nutella for the first time, it blew her mind!" Tina Fey, mom of Alice, 5 (and expecting her second child)
"Wyatt's pretty basic-his favorite meal is spaghetti with butter and parmesan cheese." Sheryl Crow, mom of Wyatt, 4, and Levi, 1
- CONTRIBUTORS Liza Hamm,
- Suzanne Zuckerman,
- with Diane Clehane,
- Carlos Greer,
- Isley Kasica.
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!