Archive Page - 08/16/13 40 years, 2,169 covers and 54,876 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Stacy Keibler: How I've Completely Bounced Back After Baby in 4 Months
- The Style Top 5: The Best Star Style From the PEOPLE Magazine Awards
- Surprise! Madonna Releases New Music from Upcoming Album Rebel Heart
- Meet Santa's Squad of Celebrity Reindeer
- Elton John Invites You to His Wedding – on His Brand New Instagram Account!
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Saturday December 20, 2014 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- August 22, 2011
- Vol. 76
- No. 7
10-Year-Old Model: Too Sexy Too Soon?
French Fashion Plate Thylane Blondeau Sparks Controversy with Photos Some Critics Call Tres Risque
For Loubry, a former TV personality, the negative attention has been devastating. "I'm completely distressed for my daughter Thylane, who was asked to play dress-up with her friends," Loubry tells PEOPLE. "This was a photo shoot at which there was no discomfort, no controversy, no ulterior motive. It's a terrible thing to take this photo out of its context and attack my daughter." Since the uproar Loubry shut down Thylane's Facebook page and has holed up in the family's home, where she raises her daughter and son Aryton, 4. (Dad is retired soccer star Patrick Blondeau, 43.) "Veronika has been anguished," says a family friend. "She is doing everything to protect her child."
That's been the goal since Thylane started modeling at age 4. She has since walked the runway for Jean Paul Gaultier, but "she never misses school for work," says the family friend. "She's an ordinary little girl. She studies ballet. She plays with Barbies." As for her modeling career? "Her parents will decide whether to slow down or even stop her career in light of what's happened. They want to do what is right for their daughter."
- with Peter Mikelbank/Paris,
- Thailan Pham/Los Angeles.
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!