Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,173 covers and 55,054 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Bobbi Kristina Brown: Inside the Troubled Life of Whitney Houston's Daughter
- The Style Top 5: Sarah Jessica Parker Brings Her Shoe Line to Zappos, Katy Perry Preps for the Super Bowl and More
- Bobbi Kristina & Nick: Their Love in Photos
- Cat Uses Husky as Bed Because Why Not? (VIDEO)
- Justin Timberlake's Changing Looks!
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Sunday February 01, 2015 03:10AM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- August 22, 2011
- Vol. 76
- No. 7
FAVORITE FRIED RICE
The star enjoys this Korean dish by the renowned Jean-Georges and Marja Vongerichten, his costars on Kimchi Chronicles. Says Jean-Georges: 'He loves that it's satisfying!'
GINGER FRIED RICE
8 tbsp. vegetable oil
3 tbsp. minced garlic
3 tbsp. minced fresh ginger
2 cups sliced leeks
4 cups day-old cooked rice
Mild chili powder (or gochugaru)
4 large eggs
2 tsp. sesame oil
2 tsp. soy sauce
1. Heat 4 tbsp. vegetable oil in a small, nonstick skillet over high heat. Add 1 tbsp. each of garlic and ginger. Cook until crisp, 2 minutes. Transfer mixture to a paper-towel-lined plate with a slotted spoon. Sprinkle with a pinch of salt.
2. Heat 3 tbsp. vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add remaining garlic and ginger and cook for 30 seconds. Add leeks and cook until they begin to soften, about 2 minutes. Add rice and cook, stirring often, until it begins to brown, about 5 minutes. Season with salt to taste and ½-1 tsp. chili powder.
3. Heat 1 tbsp. vegetable oil in a nonstick skillet. Add eggs and fry according to your preference. Sprinkle each egg with a pinch of chili powder.
4. Put rice on platter. Top with fried eggs. Sprinkle with fried garlic and ginger, and drizzle with sesame oil and soy sauce.
Adapted from The Kimchi Chronicles (Rodale Books)
Kimchi Chronicles airs on PBS. Check local listings.
January 31, 2015
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!