Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 41 years, 2,187 covers and 55,435 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Tyler Perry Breaks His Silence After Bobbi Kristina Brown's Death
- Read the Cover Story: Inside Blake & Miranda's Shocking Split
- Teen Boy Lured 8-Year-Old Girl into Apartment, Murdered Her, Santa Cruz Police Chief Says
- JCPenney Employee Sent Home for Wearing 'Too Revealing' Shorts She Bought in Their Career Department
- Macklemore Opens Up About His Drug Relapse – and How Fatherhood Saved Him
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- August 22, 2011
- Vol. 76
- No. 7
FAVORITE FRIED RICE
The star enjoys this Korean dish by the renowned Jean-Georges and Marja Vongerichten, his costars on Kimchi Chronicles. Says Jean-Georges: 'He loves that it's satisfying!'
GINGER FRIED RICE
8 tbsp. vegetable oil
3 tbsp. minced garlic
3 tbsp. minced fresh ginger
2 cups sliced leeks
4 cups day-old cooked rice
Mild chili powder (or gochugaru)
4 large eggs
2 tsp. sesame oil
2 tsp. soy sauce
1. Heat 4 tbsp. vegetable oil in a small, nonstick skillet over high heat. Add 1 tbsp. each of garlic and ginger. Cook until crisp, 2 minutes. Transfer mixture to a paper-towel-lined plate with a slotted spoon. Sprinkle with a pinch of salt.
2. Heat 3 tbsp. vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add remaining garlic and ginger and cook for 30 seconds. Add leeks and cook until they begin to soften, about 2 minutes. Add rice and cook, stirring often, until it begins to brown, about 5 minutes. Season with salt to taste and ½-1 tsp. chili powder.
3. Heat 1 tbsp. vegetable oil in a nonstick skillet. Add eggs and fry according to your preference. Sprinkle each egg with a pinch of chili powder.
4. Put rice on platter. Top with fried eggs. Sprinkle with fried garlic and ginger, and drizzle with sesame oil and soy sauce.
Adapted from The Kimchi Chronicles (Rodale Books)
Kimchi Chronicles airs on PBS. Check local listings.
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!