- Kanye West's Sweet Anniversary Message to Wife Kim Kardashian: 'The Girl of My Dreams'
- Read the Cover Story – Tess Holliday: The World's First Size 22 Supermodel!
- Unusually Buff Kangaroo Intimidates Australian Neighborhood (Video)
- Rachel McAdams Tears Up as She Plays Bridesmaid for Sister Kayleen
- The Bachelorette Recap: Kupah Doesn't Understand Boundaries and Ben Z. Sends Jared to the Hospital
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
- August 22, 2011
- Vol. 76
- No. 7
The Summer That I ...
From Bronzing in the Bahamas to Catching Fish on the Ohio River, Celebs Recall Their Most Unforgettable Childhood Days in the Sun
We were on a family vacation at Nags Head beach on the North Carolina Outer Banks. I think it's a sweet photo with my mom and sis under the rainbow.
...PRETENDED TO BE BO DEREK
My first year in college I went to the Bahamas and got my hair braided so I could come out of the ocean like Bo Derek. It took hours, but I got a lot of attention, so it was worth it.
...TOOK A CAMPING TRIP WITH MY FAMILY
My favorite part of summer was our trip to southern Maine. I enjoyed cold nights, endured annoying mosquitoes and ate my favorite treat: burned marshmallows!
...WENT TO DISNEY WORLD WITH MY SISTER
This was in Florida, and we were in the daily parade at Walt Disney World Resort. Tamera and I were still wearing the same clothes at age 16!
...BECAME THE KARATE KID
I was in Madrid at age 10. I loved the adrenaline you felt before a competition.
...WENT FISHING IN WEST VIRGINIA
I spent many hours every summer fishing. This is one of my big catches from one of my favorite places-Sperling's Dock on the Ohio River in Glen Dale.
...TRIED SAILING IN STONE HARBOR, N.J.
Getting slapped by the boom, rope burn from the sail, and slamming into other sailboats like bumper cars at 8, with my brother Austin...ah yes, sailing lessons.
...CAUGHT A 14-LB. LAKE TROUT
That was the summer I fell in love with fishing-and landed the big one. It was 1970, and I was at a two-week fishing camp in northeastern Canada with a friend.
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!