Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,178 covers and 55,102 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- The 10 Can't-Miss Photos of the Week
- The Style Top 5: Cara Delevingne Gets Handsy With Her BFFs, Kim Kardashian's Unique Way of Thanking Her Fans and More
- Sharon Osbourne on Daughter Kelly Leaving Fashion Police: 'You Can Never Be Bought'
- Lupita Nyong'o's Oscars Dress Reportedly Returned to Los Angeles Hotel
- One Dad, Four Newborns: Father of Quadruplets Cares for Babies After Wife's Tragic Death
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- August 15, 2011
- Vol. 76
- No. 6
Summer's Hottest Star: Emma Stone
Goofy, Glam and in Demand, She Scores in The Help and Crazy, Stupid, Love
Fortunately, pastry isn't what pays her bills: At 22, the quick-witted actress is Hollywood's new go-to girl for coveted roles: She flirts with Ryan Gosling in Crazy, Stupid, Love, upends southern society as heroine Skeeter in this month's adaptation of the bestseller The Help, and is playing Spider-Man's girlfriend Gwen Stacy. ("Well, that's nice!" is all she'll say of rumors she's dating costar Andrew Garfield.) Stone's appeal? As Help costar Allison Janney puts it, "She can be completely goofy and gawky and geeky, and she can be drop-dead gorgeous." The Arizona native, who names Diane Keaton as her idol, decided to become an actor "in the middle of sixth-period social studies my freshman year of high school. I was doodling, and I had a moment of clarity. Or lunacy." She moved to Los Angeles with her mom, Krista, a homemaker, earned buzz in hipster comedies like Superbad and Zombieland and broke out as a teen who fakes being promiscuous in last year's Easy A. She now lives in New York City-with a "tiny kitchen," she moans-and wonders how she'll ever top her dream job, hosting Saturday Night Live last October. "I'm throwing in the towel!" she says. "I'm completely satisfied for the rest of my life."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!