Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,178 covers and 55,102 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
At Home with Lady Antebellum
On the Road or Nesting in Nashville, the Trio (All First-Time Homeowners!) Take Togetherness Seriously
Charles Kelley's LAID-BACK RETREAT
HIGH-END SHOWPIECES MEET DOWN-HOME COMFORT IN THIS TURN-OF-THE-CENTURY TWO-STORY COLONIAL
Charles's Favorite Room
THE FAMILY ROOM
"IT'S THE LEAST STYLED ROOM OF THE HOUSE, WHICH IS WHY I LIKE IT!"
1. My comfy couch "I'm not going to lie, I love TV. I watch a ton of it-golf, HGTV, football," Kelley says of his fave viewing spot. "Cassie wrangles me into shows like Real Housewives."
2. Our memorable moments Photos of the couple's wedding and their kiss after Lady A's first Grammy win frame the mantle.
3. Cassie's artistic touch Cassie found this mirror in New York City. "A lot of our house is contemporary, but this room is homey and cozy," she says.
IF YOU'RE LOOKING for Charles Kelley on his day off, check the family room sofa in the home he shares with his wife, Cassie, a publicist. "My day always starts here," he says. "My spot is the right side, the left is Cassie's. We have coffee, pull out our laptops and check our e-mail. Then we see where the day goes." Often, it doesn't go far. "I spend probably 95 percent of my time here," he says. "It's where I can put my feet up and not worry about knocking something over." That laid-back vibe contrasts with the chic styling in the rest of the house, decorated by Cassie with help from her mom, owner of Haven, a boutique in Franklin, Tenn. "She has a great eye," Cassie says. The 2,700-sq.-ft. white brick colonial, which the couple moved into in February 2010, happens to be a short walk from bandmate Scott's house. That's convenient when the couple throw a pool party or hosts the band for a day of song-writing. "We love it," Kelley says. "It's got so much charm."
Hillary Scott's ROMANTIC BUNGALOW
THIS CONTEMPORARY REDO OF A JAZZ AGE HOME IS A PERFECT FIT FOR A SINGER WITH AN OLD-WORLD SOUL AND THOROUGHLY MODERN OUTLOOK
Hillary's Favorite Room
"I COCOON IN HERE WHEN I'M HOME. IT'S A PLACE TO RELAX"
1. My flea market find "I bought this dresser for $150. The people who fixed it up were so proud of it."
2. The grass cloth wall "I saw it in a magazine and wanted the texture. It's very calming."
3. My custom carved headboard "It looks antique even though it's newly made."
4. My king-size bed "I'll come in and literally fall backwards on the bed, legs and arms out, like how little kids make snow angels. I make a bed angel."
OPEN THE DOOR to Hillary Scott's renovated 1920s bungalow and the scent of cinnamon and sugar fills the air. Happiness for Scott at the moment is running her KitchenAid mixer ("a bit of a luxury, but so worth it!") and whipping up a batch of monkey bread in her own kitchen. "I wanted my home to be my sanctuary, where I could feel safe, calm and comfortable," Scott says of the 3,400-sq.-ft. two-story she bought last November. Key to her purchase was family input. "Everybody came to see it-my dad, my sister, my fiance [Chris Tyrrell, drummer for Love and Theft]. I'm such a family-oriented person, I wanted everyone to feel comfortable with it." Family photos and artwork from Haiti (where she helps support special-needs orphans) adorn the walls, while the decor mixes flea market antiques with lamps and decorative pillows from T.J. Maxx ("I kept myself on a tight budget!") and high-end splurges that include living room curtains made from 100 yards of burlap, and a dramatic crystal-draped chandelier above her dining table. The result? "An elegant, rustic feel," Scott says. "I've been told I'm an old soul, but I'm only 25. I have the old with the new in me, and my house reflects that."
Dave Haywood's DOWNTOWN LOFT
WITH A SKYLINE VIEW AND A MINI IN-HOME STUDIO, THE GUITARIST'S URBAN CONDO IS 'CONVENIENT TO EVERYTHING I DO'
Dave's Favorite Room
THE MUSIC ROOM
"I LOVE COMING UP WITH IDEAS HERE AT THE PIANO AND WITH THE GUITAR"
1. My Yamaha piano "A pedal silences it so you don't disturb the neighbors. I came up with the 'Just a Kiss' piano riff here."
2. My art collection "I love the colors and wanted something creative around me when I'm working on music."
3. My chairs "I was adamant the chairs not have arms so we can play guitars in them."
4. My awards shelf "I was hesitant to display the awards. It felt weird. But they're inspiring. They make me feel grateful."
AS DAVE HAYWOOD strolls into his high-rise condo, he drops his keys on a shelf where bottles of spirits share space with a leather-bound Bible. "That's country music for you-bourbon and the Bible," jokes Haywood of the scene in his bachelor pad, located in Nashville's hip downtown neighborhood the Gulch. "I've always been drawn to city skylines," he says of the urban setting. "And I wanted to be in a social area. I have buddies who play in Luke Bryan's band that live in this building, so we all hang out when we're in town." At only 900 sq. ft., space was a trade-off, but he says, "as a single guy, it was all I needed." Haywood bought the condo in February, after renting it for more than a year, and together with decorator Lindsay Rhodes of the Iron Gate in Franklin, Tenn., transformed the sterile concrete space into "something warm that felt like home." Among the additions: a brick wall in the living room and reclaimed French doors to enclose the bedroom (windowless, he says, "so when I get off the bus, I can grab a few more hours of sleep in the middle of the day"). The renovations took place when the band was on tour in Australia. "It was an Extreme Home Makeover moment when I got back. It was like, 'Move that bus!' and I was blown away."
March 03, 2015
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!