Archive Page - 08/16/13 40 years, 2,169 covers and 54,876 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Cameron Diaz and Benji Madden Are Engaged
- The Best Photos from the Week of Dec. 15- Dec. 21, 2014
- Hilary Duff's Super-Thick Geek Chic Glasses: Obsessed or Hot Mess?
- Oakland Raiders Lineman Donates Game Check to 4-Year-Old with Heart Condition
- Having 'Mad Respect' for Santa and Other Country Stars' Christmas Gift Memories
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday December 23, 2014 12:10AM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- September 26, 2011
- Vol. 76
- No. 12
Madisyn and Lindsay aren't the only ones who are getting worked up. With TLC's runaway reality hit Toddlers & Tiaras sparking intense debate-nearly 15 years after the unsolved murder of 6-year-old beauty queen JonBenet Ramsey first thrust child pageants into the national spotlight-we canvassed pageant organizers, participants, critics and child psychologists for their views on the controversy surrounding the subjects of this week's cover story. Wendy Dickey, who ignited outrage on the Sept. 7 episode of Toddlers in which she dressed her 3-year-old daughter Paisley like Julia Roberts's prostitute character in Pretty Woman, says pageants are "unfairly scrutinized" compared to dance or gymnastics competitions. Do you agree? Disagree? As for Madisyn, she left our shoot exactly as she arrived: wig and false eyelashes removed, face wiped clean of makeup and ready to go get ice cream with her mom and grandma. Just like any other 5-year-old.
LARRY HACKETT, MANAGING EDITOR
December 22, 2014
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!