Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 41 years, 2,189 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- John Krasinski and Emily Blunt Want to Give Daughter Hazel a Sibling: 'We've Got to Give Her Some Competition at Some Point'
- Read the Cover Story: Meet the American Heroes Who Stopped French Train Attack
- Sarah Palin Interviews Donald Trump as They Express Their Admiration for One Another
- Sheriff's Deputy Shot and Killed at Texas Gas Station
- Andy Samberg Predicts Bryan Cranston Will Streak at Emmys in New Promo
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- September 26, 2011
- Vol. 76
- No. 12
The Parks and Recreation star is a big fan of this treat from Manhattan eatery August. 'It's a great way to use the last of the season's strawberries,' says pastry chef Siobhan DeCarlo
4 egg yolks
1½ cups sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
4 egg whites
¾ cup cake flour
¼ tsp. salt
2 bunches fresh tarragon leaves, plus ¼ cup chopped
2 cups heavy cream
3 tbsp. powdered sugar
2 pints strawberries, quartered
3 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
1. Preheat oven to 300. Beat yolks, 2/3 cup sugar and vanilla until fluffy. Beat whites and 1/3 cup sugar until stiff peaks form. Fold whites into yolks; then fold in flour and salt.
2. Butter 6 (5½-oz.) ramekins. Dust with sugar. Add batter to ramekins until 2/3 full. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes (until cake tester comes out clean). Cool for 5 minutes. Remove cakes. Cool completely on a rack.
3. Steep tarragon in cream for 30 minutes. Strain and chill. When ready to serve, whip cream with powdered sugar.
4. 2 hours before serving, mix strawberries with ½ cup sugar, ¼ cup chopped tarragon and balsamic vinegar. Refrigerate.
5. Gently cut cakes in half. Add strawberries and cream to 1 half. Top with other half. Garnish with strawberries and cream.
Parks and Recreation premieres at 8:30 p.m. ET Sept. 22 on NBC.
Francis Ford Coppola's
The legendary film director-and Sonoma winery owner-offers up three great ways to jazz up a glass of vino
"Fruit flavors go well with wine," says Coppola. "They add something extra." His wine-including a signature claret-is available at franciscoppola winery.com.
Scoop ½ cup lemon sorbet into a wine glass. Top with ¾ cup claret wine.
Pour 3 tbsp. orange vodka, 1 tbsp. fresh lemon juice and a dash of bitters into an ice-filled glass. Top with a generous splash of moscato wine. Garnish with a lemon wedge (optional).
Combine ¼ cup each cognac and lemonade and 1 tbsp. simple syrup in an ice-filled cocktail shaker. Strain into a glass and top with a generous splash of sparkling wine. Garnish with a twist of lemon.
PLANE FOOD TAKES OFF!
With fancy drinks, A-list chefs and a prime-time spotlight in the new drama Pan Am, airline fare gets an upgrade
The ABC drama's executive producer Nancy Hult Ganis-who was a stewardess in the '60s-helps add a touch of realism to the show. "We used to serve flaming cherries jubilee," recalls Ganis. "The ice cream and hot cherries was the most delicious dessert I'd ever tasted."
Get the cherries jubilee and short rib recipes at people.com/planefood.
British mogul Richard Branson's airline offers exotic drinks like this rum cocktail (see recipe at right) in its upper-class cabins.
EL PRESIDENTE COCKTAIL
Combine 4 tbsp. gold rum, 2 tbsp. sweet vermouth and a dash of bitters in an ice-filled shaker. Strain into a chilled glass and garnish with an orange twist.
Delta brought James Beard Award-winner (and frequent Top Chef judge) Michelle Bernstein on board to glam up its menu with entrees like this beef short ribs.
From Oct. 10-16, spas across the country are offering discounted treatments during Spa Week. For a full list of participating spas and services, go to spaweek.com
SPA NAME: Completely Bare
LOCATIONS: New York, Dallas, Atlanta and Beverly Hills
SERVICE: Custom Waxing Services
SPA WEEK PRICE: $50 for Completely Bare Patented Ouchless Waxes (originally $75)
SPA NAME: Vida Emanuel European Day Spa
LOCATION: Beverly Hills
SERVICE: Vida Emanuel Signature Facial
SPA WEEK PRICE: $50 (originally $175)
Get the star treatment at home with Skyn Iceland Hydro Cool Firming Eye Gels. From Sept. 14-28, go to skyniceland.com and enter the promo code SKYNREHAB for 20% off the regular price of $30.
Spaweek.com is giving PEOPLE readers an exclusive chance to win a seven-day, six-night vacation for two at the luxurious Cap Juluca resort on the Caribbean island of Anguilla. The package, valued at $15,000, includes private yoga classes, 10 hours of complimentary spa treatments and more. To enter and for more details go to spaweek.com/celebvacation.
The sweepstakes begins at 12:01 a.m. EST on September 14, 2011, and ends at 11:59 p.m. on October 16, 2011. Must be a resident of the United States or Canada (excluding Quebec) and 18 years of age or older at the time of entry. Go to spaweek.com/celebvacation for the official rules. Spa Week Media Group, Ltd. is solely responsible for the administration of this promotion.
- CONTRIBUTORS Antoinette Y. Coulton,
- Liza Hamm,
- Thailan Pham,
- Suzanne Zuckerman.
August 29, 2015
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!