Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 41 years, 2,185 covers and 55,435 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- They're Ready for Love: Plain White T's Tim Lopez Weds Jenna Reeves – See the Photos
- Read the Cover Story: Growing Up Kennedy!
Exclusive Family Photos from White House Nanny
- Gabrielle Union and Dwyane Wade Show Off Their Incredible Beach Bodies During Fourth of July Vacation with La La Anthony
- Pippa Middleton Matches with Sister Kate and Princess Charlotte's Christening
- FROM ESSENCE: Missy Elliott Jumps into the Crowd at First ESSENCE Festival Show
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- October 24, 2011
- Vol. 76
- No. 16
Lunch with ... Claire Danes
A New Show, a Hot Husband and Countless Awards: the Homeland Star Settles into Her So-Called Adult Life
The past two years of milestone-hitting should answer her question: The actress who first shot to fame as a teen in the '90s cult series My So-Called Life isn't a kid anymore. After marrying actor Hugh Dancy in 2009, Danes won a slew of awards for her portrayal of an autistic animal expert in the HBO film Temple Grandin before landing the role of a bipolar CIA agent in the critically acclaimed Homeland. Yet despite all her success, "it's still occurring to me that I'm a grown-up," says Danes, 32. "But I have more of a clue who I am."
When she's not on-set, Danes relishes her weekends with Dancy at their country house in upstate New York, perusing farmers' markets, trying new recipes and playing with their schnauzer-poodle mix Weegee. She is also a member of a book club, the Litwits, with her girlfriends. "In the last year my contributions have been [books] about bipolar disorder and the CIA," she says, laughing. "They say, 'Great, Claire's turn. Fascinating."
Next up? Long-awaited time off to relax ("I might check myself into an asylum-no, a spa," she says with a grin) and maybe, soon, a baby. "No plans," she says, "but that would be fun." And very grown-up.
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!