Archive Page - 08/16/13 40 years, 2,169 covers and 54,876 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- VIDEO: See Joanna Krupa's Egg-Retrieval Procedure
- The Style Top 5: The Best Star Style From the PEOPLE Magazine Awards
- It's Another Girl for Dax Shepard and Kristen Bell!
- Which Former Boy Band Member Will Compete on The Amazing Race?
- Kim Kardashian Wore Fur-Lined Strappy Stilettos, and Yes, There are Photos
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Saturday December 20, 2014 12:10AM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- November 28, 2011
- Vol. 76
- No. 22
Having An Irish Name Is a Lucky Charm for These Magically Delicious Stars
The upside of having an 'O' name? "I have far less chance of getting pocket dialed since 'O' falls in the middle of the phone book," says the Hawaii Five-O star, 35. "But since my first name starts with A, I get pocket dialed anyway."
BEFORE AN IRISH SURNAME MEANS "DESCENDANT OF"
Common nicknames? "In college I got called Chris 'Wellen-Dowd,'" says the Bridesmaids breakout, 32. "Also, 'O'Loud,' possibly for shouting the other nickname at strangers."
"My daughters are just starting to say their last name, but they pronounce it 'Opa-Connell,'" says the actor, 37.
"Trying to trace the name O'Brien in Ireland is like going to a deli and asking for Abe," says the 48-year-old late-show host. "All I know is that we're prone to depression and are said to like starch."
"As a kid my nickname was 'Little O'D,'" says the NCIS: Los Angeles star, 41. "Now it's 'COD.'"
December 19, 2014
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!