Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 41 years, 2,189 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- VIDEO: Injured Train Hero Spencer Stone Arrives Back in the U.S. as Crowd Cheers
- Read the Cover Story: The Kennedy Family's Darkest Secret
- Jason Sudekis Downs a Nasty Cocktail When He Plays a Drinking Game with Jimmy Fallon
- 2 Arrested in Off-Duty Texas Police Officer's Death – Report
- FROM SI: Former Colts Linebacker Josh McNary Found Not Guilty on All Charges in Rape Case
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- November 28, 2011
- Vol. 76
- No. 22
Having An Irish Name Is a Lucky Charm for These Magically Delicious Stars
The upside of having an 'O' name? "I have far less chance of getting pocket dialed since 'O' falls in the middle of the phone book," says the Hawaii Five-O star, 35. "But since my first name starts with A, I get pocket dialed anyway."
BEFORE AN IRISH SURNAME MEANS "DESCENDANT OF"
Common nicknames? "In college I got called Chris 'Wellen-Dowd,'" says the Bridesmaids breakout, 32. "Also, 'O'Loud,' possibly for shouting the other nickname at strangers."
"My daughters are just starting to say their last name, but they pronounce it 'Opa-Connell,'" says the actor, 37.
"Trying to trace the name O'Brien in Ireland is like going to a deli and asking for Abe," says the 48-year-old late-show host. "All I know is that we're prone to depression and are said to like starch."
"As a kid my nickname was 'Little O'D,'" says the NCIS: Los Angeles star, 41. "Now it's 'COD.'"
September 03, 2015
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!