Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,181 covers and 55,435 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Ultimate Senior Prank? 72,000 Live Ladybugs Let Loose in the School (Video)
- Read the Cover Story – Tess Holliday: The World's First Size 22 Supermodel!
- Missing Massachusetts Teen is Hitchhiking Across Connecticut: Police
- VIDEO: Amy Schumer Takes on Bill Cosby in New Courtroom Sketch
- Blonde Kim Kardashian Has a Mega Marilyn Moment in Vogue Brazil, Goes Topless (PHOTOS)
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- December 26, 2011
- Vol. 76
- No. 26
A Year in Perspective
And so our Dec. 5 visit to the White House struck me as an apt coda to the year of extremes that was 2011. Occupy Wall Street threw open to scrutiny the wealth of the country's richest 1 percent, while the Kardashians flaunted how much the 1-percenters can spend. We pulled together for the hundreds of thousands devastated by natural disasters as far away as Japan; and then again to cheer the radiant Will and Kate at Westminster Abbey.
Through all the ups and downs of the year, America's military and their families continue, selflessly, to serve and to sacrifice. Of all the stories on our pages this year, Sgt. 1st Class Kristoffer Domeij's fourteen deployments to Iraq and Afghanistan by age 29 and his death by roadside bomb in October (p. 153) is one that sticks-and inspires. Here's to the heroes and a New Year filled with hope and happiness.
LARRY HACKETT, MANAGING EDITOR
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!