Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,172 covers and 54,888 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Courtney Love and Frances Bean Cobain Share a Hug at Sundance
- The Style Top 5: A Look at a Sexy New Jeans Ad (Starring Adrian Grenier)
Kendall Jenner's Makeup Secret & More
- Lindsay Lohan Posts Racy Photo and Jokes About Her Untreatable Illness
- How Did JLo's Sexy Co-Star Sculpt His Washboard Abs?
- Go Behind-the-Scenes of the Sundance Film Festival!
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Saturday January 24, 2015 10:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- December 26, 2011
- Vol. 76
- No. 26
A Year in Perspective
And so our Dec. 5 visit to the White House struck me as an apt coda to the year of extremes that was 2011. Occupy Wall Street threw open to scrutiny the wealth of the country's richest 1 percent, while the Kardashians flaunted how much the 1-percenters can spend. We pulled together for the hundreds of thousands devastated by natural disasters as far away as Japan; and then again to cheer the radiant Will and Kate at Westminster Abbey.
Through all the ups and downs of the year, America's military and their families continue, selflessly, to serve and to sacrifice. Of all the stories on our pages this year, Sgt. 1st Class Kristoffer Domeij's fourteen deployments to Iraq and Afghanistan by age 29 and his death by roadside bomb in October (p. 153) is one that sticks-and inspires. Here's to the heroes and a New Year filled with hope and happiness.
LARRY HACKETT, MANAGING EDITOR
January 23, 2015
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!