Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,180 covers and 55,277 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Laverne Cox Congratulates Bruce Jenner: 'It Is Always Brave to Stand in One's Truth'
- The Style Top 5: Gigi Hadid Shares Her Beauty Don'ts, Blake Lively's Million Dollar Style Week and More
- Mark Wahlberg Makes a $250,000 Bet with Diddy on the Mayweather vs. Pacquaio Fight
- It's a Girl for Owain Yeoman
- Eva Longoria Designs Her First Home Collection – See the Looks
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- March 12, 2012
- Vol. 77
- No. 11
The Most Talked About Dress at the Oscars
All About How Jennifer Lopez and Designer Zuhair Murad Joined Forces to Create a Head-Turning Red Carpet Moment
INSIDE THE Making of the Dress
There's no doubt her body was the center of attention on Oscar night. When the style icon stepped out in Murad's custom option-a nude, long-sleeve silk tulle frock with a down-to-there neckline-her gown was "so comfortable," she told PEOPLE. "It's not too heavy and it moves with me." (Some viewers disagreed: When Lopez hit the stage, there was buzz of a wardrobe malfunction; see box.) Murad constructed the dress in his Beirut studio and then shipped it to L.A., where Lopez had two fittings and made "final touches" the day of the show, says Mariel Haenn, who along with Rob Zangardi make up Lopez's style team. Though the design boasted hand embroidery and delicate beadwork, one detail stood out for Lopez: "On the red carpet, I just want a dress that feels good."
- With Julie Jordan/Los Angeles.
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!