Archive Page - 12/1/12 39 years, 2,079 covers and 53,260 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Robert Pattinson in 'Really Good Mood' After Kristen Stewart Split
- Is Justin Timberlake the Best Dressed Man at Cannes?
- Bye Bye Blow-out! Do You Recognize Former Jersey Shore Pauly D?
- Val Chmerkovskiy Gets 14 Stitches, Says: 'You've Got to Suck It Up' and Compete
- Jodi Arias Pleads for Life in Prison, Shows Family Photos in Court
On Newsstands Now
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday May 21, 2013 04:10PM EDT
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- March 19, 2012
- Vol. 77
- No. 12
The chef at Brooklyn hot spot Vinegar Hill House shares a dessert recipe that's perfect for St. Patrick's Day. 'It's moist, dense, but not too sweet,' he says
CREAM CHEESE FROSTING
Beat 8 oz. softened cream cheese until smooth; gradually add 1¼ cups powdered sugar, beating at low speed just until blended. Gradually add ½ cup cream; beat until blended.
1 cup Guinness stout
10 tbsp. unsalted butter, softened
6 tbsp. unsweetened cocoa
2 cups granulated sugar
6 tbsp. sour cream
2 large eggs
1 tbsp. vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
2½ tsp. baking soda
1. Preheat oven to 350. Butter a 9-in. springform pan and line with parchment paper.
2. Heat Guinness and butter in large saucepan over medium-low until butter melts; remove from heat. Whisk in cocoa and sugar.
3. Combine sour cream, eggs and vanilla; whisk into cocoa mixture. Whisk in flour and baking soda.
4. Pour batter into pan. Bake 40 to 45 minutes or until cake is firm. Remove to wire rack; cool completely. Remove from pan. Spread frosting on top.
The HGTV host suggests some fun and quirky home accessories that come in one of his favorite colors. 'Green is happy and fresh to me,' he says
"The crocodile print on this tray is great," he says. "It adds another layer." Everglades Tray, $54.95; zgallerie.com
"I love the fact that this lamp is all glass and still inexpensive," the designer says. Lykta Table Lamp, $14.99; ikea.com
Bromstad-who's also a painter-sells some of his work. "This one is organic and abstract," he says. The Flower Within, $99; pennylanepublishing.com
"I love the simple graphics-it makes old keys look new again," says Bromstad. Antique Keys Pillow, $65; roomservicestore.com
"The green color makes this clean, classic clock fun," he says. Vogue Lime Green Wall Clock, $29.91; lampsplus.com
"I love bringing a sense of kitsch into a space," he says. Magic Bunny Toothpick Holder, $30; isquaredhome.com
Bromstad's new show White Room Challenge premieres April 24 at 9 p.m.
- CONTRIBUTORS Asher Fogle,
- Thailan Pham.
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!