Archive Page - 08/16/13 40 years, 2,169 covers and 54,876 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- VIDEO: See Joanna Krupa's Egg-Retrieval Procedure
- The Style Top 5: The Best Star Style From the PEOPLE Magazine Awards
- It's Another Girl for Dax Shepard and Kristen Bell!
- Which Former Boy Band Member Will Compete on The Amazing Race?
- Kim Kardashian Wore Fur-Lined Strappy Stilettos, and Yes, There are Photos
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Saturday December 20, 2014 01:10AM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- March 05, 2012
- Vol. 77
- No. 10
MAC & CHEESE
'Growing up in the South, mac and cheese was a must,' says the Cooking Channel star (and Paula Deen's son), who shares a healthier twist on the classic
GUILTLESS CHEESY MAC
Makes 8 servings
2 cups uncooked multigrain elbow macaroni
¾ cup (3 oz.) shredded cheddar cheese
¾ cup (3 oz.) shredded Parmesan cheese
½ cup skim milk
2 egg whites, lightly beaten
¼ cup reduced-fat sour cream
1 tbsp. Dijon mustard
¼ tsp. salt
¼ tsp. pepper
1 (16-oz.) bag frozen petite peas, thawed
1 cup finely chopped cauliflower
¼ cup soft whole-wheat bread crumbs
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Prepare macaroni in a large Dutch oven according to package directions. Drain well; return to Dutch oven, cover and keep warm.
3. Combine cheeses and next 8 ingredients in a bowl. Stir mixture into warm macaroni; spoon into a 1¼-quart casserole coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle crumbs on top. Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until golden and bubbly.
Deen's show Not My Mama's Meals airs Wednesdays at 9 p.m. on Cooking Channel.
The celeb event planner gives tips on hosting a Best Picture-themed get-together
MIDNIGHT IN PARIS
Woody Allen's romantic comedy
FRENCH 75 COCKTAIL
Serves 1: Shake 3 tbsp. brandy, 1 tbsp. orange liqueur and juice from 1 lemon wedge over ice. Strain and top with ¼ cup champagne. Garnish with lemon twist.
Serve British digestives to represent the U.K.-based drama.
The French confection makes a perfect pairing for the Paris-set film.
The silent film shot in black-and-white
BLACK & WHITE MARTINI
Serves 1: Combine 5 tbsp. vanilla vodka, 2 tbsp. creme de cacao and 2 tbsp. heavy cream.
Offer up a bowl of ballpark munchies for the flick about the Oakland A's.
The southern civil rights drama
Serves 1: Add 2 tbsp. simple syrup to 10 mint leaves. Press mint with a spoon to release flavor. Pack cup with crushed ice; top with 6 tbsp. bourbon.
EXTREMELY LOUD & INCREDIBLY CLOSE
The New York City-based tearjerker
Serves 1: Stir 6 tbsp. bourbon and 1½ tbsp. sweet vermouth with a dash of Angostura bitters and strain over ice. Add a maraschino cherry.
The family saga set in Hawaii
Serves 1: Blend 2 cups ice, ¼ cup pineapple juice, 2 tbsp. coconut rum, 2 tbsp. vodka, 1 tbsp. amaretto and 1 tbsp. blue curacao liqueur. Garnish with fruit.
THE TREE OF LIFE
MAPLE SUGAR CANDY
The leaf-shaped treat (available on amazon.com) is a nod to the film's title. Alternative: Maple Leaf Creme Cookies (available at Walmart).
- CONTRIBUTOR Asher Fogle,
- Liza Hamm,
- Thailan Pham.
December 19, 2014
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!