Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,178 covers and 55,102 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- This Talented Teen's Song About Inner Beauty Will Lift Your Mood
- The Style Top 5: Cara Delevingne Gets Handsy With Her BFFs, Kim Kardashian's Unique Way of Thanking Her Fans and More
- Slender Man Suspect on Stabbing Friend: 'It Felt Weird'
- Anonymous Stranger Buys Wedding Dress for Cash-Strapped Bride-to-Be
- Kale For Everyone! Whole Foods Is Lowering Its Prices
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- March 05, 2012
- Vol. 77
- No. 10
MAC & CHEESE
'Growing up in the South, mac and cheese was a must,' says the Cooking Channel star (and Paula Deen's son), who shares a healthier twist on the classic
GUILTLESS CHEESY MAC
Makes 8 servings
2 cups uncooked multigrain elbow macaroni
¾ cup (3 oz.) shredded cheddar cheese
¾ cup (3 oz.) shredded Parmesan cheese
½ cup skim milk
2 egg whites, lightly beaten
¼ cup reduced-fat sour cream
1 tbsp. Dijon mustard
¼ tsp. salt
¼ tsp. pepper
1 (16-oz.) bag frozen petite peas, thawed
1 cup finely chopped cauliflower
¼ cup soft whole-wheat bread crumbs
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Prepare macaroni in a large Dutch oven according to package directions. Drain well; return to Dutch oven, cover and keep warm.
3. Combine cheeses and next 8 ingredients in a bowl. Stir mixture into warm macaroni; spoon into a 1¼-quart casserole coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle crumbs on top. Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until golden and bubbly.
Deen's show Not My Mama's Meals airs Wednesdays at 9 p.m. on Cooking Channel.
The celeb event planner gives tips on hosting a Best Picture-themed get-together
MIDNIGHT IN PARIS
Woody Allen's romantic comedy
FRENCH 75 COCKTAIL
Serves 1: Shake 3 tbsp. brandy, 1 tbsp. orange liqueur and juice from 1 lemon wedge over ice. Strain and top with ¼ cup champagne. Garnish with lemon twist.
Serve British digestives to represent the U.K.-based drama.
The French confection makes a perfect pairing for the Paris-set film.
The silent film shot in black-and-white
BLACK & WHITE MARTINI
Serves 1: Combine 5 tbsp. vanilla vodka, 2 tbsp. creme de cacao and 2 tbsp. heavy cream.
Offer up a bowl of ballpark munchies for the flick about the Oakland A's.
The southern civil rights drama
Serves 1: Add 2 tbsp. simple syrup to 10 mint leaves. Press mint with a spoon to release flavor. Pack cup with crushed ice; top with 6 tbsp. bourbon.
EXTREMELY LOUD & INCREDIBLY CLOSE
The New York City-based tearjerker
Serves 1: Stir 6 tbsp. bourbon and 1½ tbsp. sweet vermouth with a dash of Angostura bitters and strain over ice. Add a maraschino cherry.
The family saga set in Hawaii
Serves 1: Blend 2 cups ice, ¼ cup pineapple juice, 2 tbsp. coconut rum, 2 tbsp. vodka, 1 tbsp. amaretto and 1 tbsp. blue curacao liqueur. Garnish with fruit.
THE TREE OF LIFE
MAPLE SUGAR CANDY
The leaf-shaped treat (available on amazon.com) is a nod to the film's title. Alternative: Maple Leaf Creme Cookies (available at Walmart).
- CONTRIBUTOR Asher Fogle,
- Liza Hamm,
- Thailan Pham.
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!