Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,180 covers and 55,278 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- You Have to See These Surprisingly Romantic CrossFit Engagement Photos
- The Style Top 5: Amal Clooney Brings Her Glam Street Style to NYC, Iggy Azalea Gets Candid About Her Body and More
- Arizona Mother of 7 Stabbed to Death By Husband in Front of Kids
- Celine Dion Facing Her Husband's Health Crisis 'We're Living Each Day to the Fullest'
- Why Katy Perry Outsources Her Doggy 'Doo-ties'
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- March 05, 2012
- Vol. 77
- No. 10
Scotty Bowers: Hollywood Confidential
In a Shocking Tell-All, a Onetime Gas Station Attendant Sheds Light on the Secrets of Vintage Stars
But boy, is he spilling secrets now. In Full Service, his astonishing new memoir, Bowers, 88, describes the decades he says he spent providing sexual favors for stars, arranging hookups for or sleeping with everyone from Katharine Hepburn and Spencer Tracy to Cary Grant, Vivien Leigh and Laurence Olivier. Is he for real? "You don't dream things like that," he says, and author Gore Vidal, a friend since the 1940s, backs him up: "Scotty doesn't lie."
A World War II vet, Bowers settled in L.A. in 1946, working as an attendant at a gas station not far from Hollywood's big studios. Eventually he let it be known that for $20 extra, his services could include more than pumping gas and washing windshields. The procuring, which came later, was free. "Word got around," he says. "Before long I had a booming business."
Now retired, he lives in the Hollywood Hills with Lois, his wife of 27 years. He says that before he wrote his book, she didn't know about his colorful past. "I guess you could say she's a little surprised." But he has no regrets. "I liked," he says, "seeing people happy."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!