Archive Page - 12/1/12 39 years, 2,079 covers and 53,260 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
On Newsstands Now
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Sunday May 19, 2013 04:10PM EDT
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- April 23, 2012
- Vol. 77
- No. 17
The country singer and Food Network star shares an 'irresistible' family favorite
Serves: 8 to 10
2 (10-oz.) packages frozen chopped broccoli, thawed, or 1 lb. fresh broccoli florets
2 large eggs, beaten
1 cup mayonnaise
1 (10-oz.) can cream of mushroom soup
¼ cup grated sweet onion
2½ cups shredded sharp Cheddar cheese, divided
Salt and pepper
½ cup bread crumbs, crushed potato chips or cheese cracker crumbs
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Cook broccoli in boiling, salted water 3 to 4 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain well and set aside.
3. Combine eggs and next 3 ingredients. Fold in broccoli, 2 cups cheese, salt and pepper to taste. Spoon into lightly greased 13×9×2-in. baking dish. Bake 30 minutes.
4. Remove from oven; top with crumbs and remaining cheese. Bake 10 more minutes or until light brown.
Trisha's Southern Kitchen airs Saturdays at 10:30 a.m. ET on Food Network
Christina Tosi's PEPPER BISCUITS
The N.Y.C. pastry chef whips up a treat that she calls 'simple and such a crowd-pleaser'
2012 JAMES BEARD RISING STAR CHEF NOMINEE
BLACK PEPPER BUTTER BISCUITS
Makes 10 to 12 biscuits
1 stick unsalted butter, softened
2/3 cup plus 2 tbsp. sugar
3 tsp. salt
1 tsp. finely ground black pepper
2¾ cups self-rising flour
1 cup buttermilk
½ cup plus 2 tbsp. heavy cream
1. Preheat oven to 425. Using an electric mixer, beat butter, 2/3 cup sugar, salt and pepper for 2 minutes or until fluffy.
2. Add flour, then using a fork, incorporate it into butter until mixture is sandy and no large pieces of butter remain. Gently stir in buttermilk and ½ cup heavy cream, until just mixed.
3. On a greased baking sheet, spoon 10 to 12 biscuits, 2 in. apart. Brush tops with 2 tbsp. heavy cream and sprinkle with 2 tbsp. sugar. Chill in freezer for 15 minutes.
4. Bake until golden brown, 15 to 17 minutes. Serve warm with fresh berries and whipped cream.
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!