Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Chrissy Teigen's Daughter Meets with 'Auntie' Kim Kardashian – and Even Gets Kanye to Smile
- Read the Cover Story: Steve Harvey: From Homeless to Having It All
- Tracy Anderson Says Jennifer Lopez's Kids Love to Crash Mom's Workouts: 'Max Is so Full of Energy'
- Popping Bottles! Justin Bieber Helps Celebrate Lewis Hamilton's Grand Prix Win by Taking a Giant Swig
- Gunman Among at Least 2 Dead in Texas Shooting That Left 6 Injured: 'They Were Shooting Randomly, Just at Whoever'
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- April 23, 2012
- Vol. 77
- No. 17
Stop the Catcalls!
Emily May was fed up with the rude comments she and, it seemed, every young woman she knew endured when walking down the street. So in 2005, she and her friends created Hollaback! (ihollaback.org), which quickly turned into an international movement. Dedicated to fighting street harassment, Hollaback! has trained leaders in 44 cities and 16 countries to start campaigns, bolstered by workshops, marches and a blog in which 3,000 victims have posted stories and photos. May has shared data with local officials, and New York City council members now plan to make an increase in reporting a priority. The result: "Victims who felt scared and isolated," says May, "feel powerful."
WHAT TO DO WHEN YOU GET HASSLED ...
• Try not to look as scared as you feel "Tell a harasser in a firm voice, 'That's not okay,' and just keep walking."
• Avoid escalating a situation "Don't get in a dialogue or answer questions from a harasser."
• Share your story "Don't pretend like it didn't happen-for your emotional health, and because your story has the power to impact other people."
KNOW A HERO? SEND SUGGESTIONS TO HEROESAMONGUS@PEOPLEMAG.COM
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!