Star Tracks: Monday, May 16, 2016 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Halle Berry Looks Flawless in a Bikini at 50
- Read the Cover Story: The Gosselins 10 Years Later: 'So Much Has Changed'
- DeKoding KarJenner Style: Why Kendall Cuts Her T-Shirts
- Lauren Conrad Revealed That a Certain Game of Thrones Actress Is Her Girl Crush
- Utah Woman Doctors Said Was Infertile Gives Birth Hours After Learning She Was Pregnant: 'It's a Miracle,' Husband Says
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- April 30, 2012
- Vol. 77
- No. 18
The executive chef at Gautreau's in New Orleans shares a dessert she calls 'nostalgic and comforting'
2012 JAMES BEARD RISING STAR CHEF NOMINEE
2 pints strawberries, hulled and quartered
1 pint blueberries
1 cup sugar (divided)
1 tbsp. cornstarch
¾ cup flour
1 tsp. baking powder
½ tsp. salt
¼ cup milk
½ tsp. vanilla extract
6 tbsp. butter, melted
1. Preheat oven to 375. In a bowl, combine all berries, ½ cup plus 2 tsp. sugar and cornstarch. Let sit for 10 minutes.
2. In another bowl, mix flour, ½ cup sugar, baking powder and salt. In a third bowl, stir egg, milk, vanilla and butter. Add dry ingredients. Stir well.
3. Place six, 6-oz. ramekins on a baking sheet. Divide fruit evenly and top each with a few spoonfuls of batter. Bake 25 to 30 minutes, until tops are golden brown. Cool 5 minutes; serve.
For more on the James Beard Foundation Awards, go to jamesbeard.org
Jeff Lewis's CHIC GLASSWARE
The designer, remodeling expert and Bravo host reveals his top picks for serving drinks in style
Lewis recommends this "simple and to-the-point" tumbler, which he says is "perfect for everyday-or the hard stuff."
Cooper Double Old-Fashioned, $3.50 each; cb2.com
"It's elegant and sophisticated, a go-to glass for any special occasion," Lewis says of this collection (also far right).
Edge Wine Glass and Champagne Flute, $12.95 each; crateandbarrel.com
This stainless glass is "sure to one-up your neighbors," says Lewis, who suggests keeping a few in the freezer for "icy-cold cocktails."
Stainless Steel Martini Glass, $10 each; surlatable.com
"This sexy, seamless design has a low center of gravity-making it much easier to handle when you're tipsy," Lewis says.
Stemless Martini Glasses, $7.96 for 4; worldmarket.com
For discerning hosts, Lewis suggests this angular highball glass as "a classy way to booze it up."
Schott Zweisel Pure Double Old-Fashioned Rocks Glass, $40.95 for 6; cooking.com
Interior Therapy with Jeff Lewis airs at 9 p.m. ET/PT Wednesdays on Bravo
- CONTRIBUTORS Asher Fogle,
- Thailan Pham.
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!