Archive Page - 12/1/12 39 years, 2,083 covers and 53,323 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Mark-Paul Gosselaar Jokes: I 'Slave Away' to Afford a Nanny
- Paula Deen: I Used the N-Word, but Don't Condone Racism
- Meet the Ecstatic Schoolgirl Who Photographed Princes William & Harry
- E L James Reveals Director for Fifty Shades of Grey Movie
- Cool or Creepy? This Snake Opens Doors When You're Not Looking
On Newsstands Now
- Kim's Delivery Room Drama!
- Katie: A Year After Split
- Princess Kate: Palace's Baby Plan Revealed
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Wednesday June 19, 2013 06:10PM EDT
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- April 30, 2012
- Vol. 77
- No. 18
Axl Rose: Inside His Private World
When He's Not Making Headlines, the Guns N' Roses Singer Enjoys a Low-Key Life as a Tech Geek and Animal Lover
The headline-making dis wasn't a surprising move for the rocker, 50, who has become increasingly more known for his looks and his behavior than for his music. Sporting cornrows and a taut face at the 2002 MTV Video Music Awards! A brawl with Tommy Hilfiger in '06! And yet, after selling nearly 20 million records, he remains a beloved-if elusive (he rarely gives interviews)-pop icon. In fact, at a pre-Golden Globes bash in January, Madonna, Steven Tyler and other guests sought out Rose. "There were all these movie stars, and he was the only person anyone wanted to see," says an observer. The singer likes life out of the spotlight-yet he still lives like a rock star. "He stays up all night playing music ... [and] doesn't get up until well into the afternoon," an industry pal says of Rose's routine. Says a music source: "He enjoys the good life-nice cars and expensive jewelry." Not to mention bowling, exotic animals and fiddling with electronics (see box).
Music, however, is still his priority. Rose's recent Guns N' Roses shows (he's the only original member) have earned raves, and his band kicks off a European tour in May. So what if he doesn't take the stage until after midnight? As his latest behavior proves, "he's Axl," says pal Sharon Osbourne. "He can do what he wants."
- With Melody Chiu/Los Angeles,
- Jennifer Garcia/Los Angeles,
- Jessica Herndon/Los Angeles,
- Marisa Laudadio/Los Angeles.
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!