Star Tracks: Monday, May 16, 2016 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Ben Affleck on How Parenting Changed Him: 'Your Heart Is Outside Your Body'
- Read the Cover Story: Brad & Angelina Split After 12 Years: It's Over
- FROM EW: Angelina Jolie in Talks to Star in Afghanistan War Drama Shoot Like a Girl
- Justin Bieber Must Report for Deposition or Face Arrest in Miami Photographer Lawsuit
- Wife of Deepwater Horizon Victim Breaks Down as She Recalls Husband's Last Trip Home Before Death: 'Jason, Would Have Never Let Me Worry'
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- April 30, 2012
- Vol. 77
- No. 18
Axl Rose: Inside His Private World
When He's Not Making Headlines, the Guns N' Roses Singer Enjoys a Low-Key Life as a Tech Geek and Animal Lover
The headline-making dis wasn't a surprising move for the rocker, 50, who has become increasingly more known for his looks and his behavior than for his music. Sporting cornrows and a taut face at the 2002 MTV Video Music Awards! A brawl with Tommy Hilfiger in '06! And yet, after selling nearly 20 million records, he remains a beloved-if elusive (he rarely gives interviews)-pop icon. In fact, at a pre-Golden Globes bash in January, Madonna, Steven Tyler and other guests sought out Rose. "There were all these movie stars, and he was the only person anyone wanted to see," says an observer. The singer likes life out of the spotlight-yet he still lives like a rock star. "He stays up all night playing music ... [and] doesn't get up until well into the afternoon," an industry pal says of Rose's routine. Says a music source: "He enjoys the good life-nice cars and expensive jewelry." Not to mention bowling, exotic animals and fiddling with electronics (see box).
Music, however, is still his priority. Rose's recent Guns N' Roses shows (he's the only original member) have earned raves, and his band kicks off a European tour in May. So what if he doesn't take the stage until after midnight? As his latest behavior proves, "he's Axl," says pal Sharon Osbourne. "He can do what he wants."
- With Melody Chiu/Los Angeles,
- Jennifer Garcia/Los Angeles,
- Jessica Herndon/Los Angeles,
- Marisa Laudadio/Los Angeles.
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!