Star Tracks: Monday, May 16, 2016 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Sarah Jessica Parker Is Expanding Her SJP Collection to Include LBDs, Not Just Heels!
- Read the Cover Story: Brad & Angelina Split After 12 Years: It's Over
- It's a Boy for Gossip Girl Alum Sam Page and Wife Cassidy Boesch
- Heidi Klum's Emmys Mantra: 'A Lot of Girls Are Afraid to Be on the "Don't Page." I Go For It'
- Three Arrested, Including 17-Year-Old Girl, in Triple Homicide of California Parents and Friend
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- May 21, 2012
- Vol. 77
- No. 21
Serving Hot Food and Warm Hugs
Born with Down Syndrome, Tim Harris Offers Up Hearty Meals-and Inspiration-at His Albuquerque Diner
That exceptional customer service is a daily reminder of what a determined young man with devoted parents can achieve. When Jeannie and Keith Harris learned Tim had Down syndrome, "it was like the baby we expected had died," Jeannie says, "and was replaced with a burden that would destroy us."
Instead, they vowed to help their second of four sons get the most out of life. Charming and upbeat, Tim attended a mainstream school, was voted homecoming king and competes in the Special Olympics. His parents, entrepreneurs who subsidized the restaurant but hope it will turn a profit this summer, opened the diner in October 2010 after Tim studied food services. Today, with a 20-person staff that includes a manager and chef, Harris routinely speaks to groups of people with disabilities. "I can," he says, "make a difference."
KNOW A HERO? SEND SUGGESTIONS TO HEROESAMONGUS@PEOPLEMAG.COM
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!