Star Tracks: Monday, May 16, 2016 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Gwyneth Paltrow Celebrates Her 44th Birthday with a Makeup-Free Selfie
- Read the Cover Story: Brad & Angelina Split After 12 Years: It's Over
- Barack Obama Leads Tributes as Former Israeli President Shimon Peres Dies at 93
- Halle Berry Stuns in Pink and Black David Koma Bodycon Dress at Revlon Luncheon
- Protesters Gather as Man Is Shot and Wounded by San Diego Police: Report
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- May 21, 2012
- Vol. 77
- No. 21
The Host of Cooking Channel's Simply Delicioso Shows Off Her Newly Renovated Kitchen
Ingrid's Tomatillo Shrimp
TANGY TOMATILLO SHRIMP
Serves: 4 to 6
3 tbsp. olive oil
1 lb. (about 3 to 4)
fresh poblano chilis, seeded and coarsely chopped
6 cloves garlic, finely minced
1 lb. tomatillos, husked, rinsed and quartered
1½ tsp. salt, plus extra for the shrimp
3 tbsp. unsalted butter
2 lbs. large shrimp
Freshly ground pepper
2 cups fresh cilantro leaves
1. Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chilis and ½ of the garlic and cook until the chilis start to soften, about 5 minutes. Add the tomatillos and 1½ tsp. salt, reduce the heat to medium-low, and cook, stirring occasionally until the tomatillos begin to break down and release some liquid, about 10 minutes.
2. Transfer the tomatillo sauce to a blender. Puree and set aside.
3. Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the shrimp, a little salt and pepper and the remaining garlic. Cook, stirring often, until the garlic becomes fragrant, about 2 minutes. Add the tomatillo sauce and simmer until the shrimp become opaque, 3 to 4 minutes. Serve sprinkled with the cilantro.
TABLET BONUS VIDEO Ingrid's entertaining tips
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!