Archive Page - 12/1/12 39 years, 2,080 covers and 53,257 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
On Newsstands Now
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Thursday May 23, 2013 08:10PM EDT
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- May 14, 2012
- Vol. 77
- No. 20
The ABC News correspondent shares a dessert recipe that's a 'family tradition' and a perfect treat for Mother's Day
½ cup confectioners' sugar
2 cups plus 6 tbsp. flour, divided
Pinch of salt
1 cup room-temperature butter, sliced into 8 pieces
2 cups sugar
6 tbsp. lemon juice
Grated rind of one lemon
1. Preheat oven to 350. Lightly grease a 13×9-in. baking pan.
2. In a food processor, blend confectioners' sugar, 2 cups flour and salt. Add butter and pulse until mixture is crumbly. Press into pan and bake for 20 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, beat eggs, 2 cups sugar, 6 tbsp. flour and lemon juice until well combined. Stir in lemon rind. Pour on top of hot crust and bake for an additional 25 minutes. Cool completely, then sprinkle with confectioners' sugar. Cut into squares.
Recipe adapted from Loukoumi's Celebrity Cookbook by Nick Katsoris
Reed Alexander's TURKEY BURGER
The iCarly actor-and avid cook-shares one of his healthy dishes that's available in schools across the country as part of the Alliance for a Healthier Generation. 'It will make your taste buds sizzle,' he says
Makes 4 burgers
1 portobello mushroom cap, stem and gills removed, chopped
3 tbsp. chopped Italian parsley
2 tbsp. chopped carrot
1 tbsp. chopped yellow onion
1 lb. lean ground turkey
2 egg whites
1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
¼ tsp. sea salt
1 tsp. pepper
Canola oil spray
4 whole grain buns
1. Pulse first 4 ingredients in food processor until well-combined, about 1 minute.
2. In a bowl, mix turkey, egg whites, Worcestershire, salt and pepper. Combine with vegetable mixture. Divide into 4 patties; chill for 15 minutes.
3. Preheat grill to medium. Spray with canola oil. Grill 4 to 5 minutes. Rotate quarter turn, and grill an additional 4 to 5 minutes. Flip burgers and grill 5 to 7 minutes more. Place on buns. Serve with toppings.
Burger toppings! Alexander suggests low-fat Swiss or American cheese, avocado, lettuce and tomatoes
For more recipes from Alexander, check out kewlbites.com
Rita Wilson's VINTAGE CHIC
The actress, singer-and wife of Tom Hanks-previews her retro One Kings Lane collection (on sale May 8)
"The psychedelic colors on this vase are reminiscent of lava lamps of the 1960s and 1970s," says Wilson. Orsino Vase, $59; onekingslane.com
"My husband is a typewriter fanatic," she says. "Wherever we go we seek out flea markets looking for them." Tom Hanks's Vintage Typewriter, $399; onekingslane.com
Tom Hanks owned this!
"These planters brighten up any room," she says. "All you need now is a macrame hanger." Kelly Bright Planters, $59 for three; onekingslane.com
One of a Kind!
This clock radio brings back childhood memories for Wilson. "The Beach Boys were playing on mine," she says. Hollywood Miller Clock Radio, $39; onekingslane.com
"There's something beautiful about an old camera," she says. "A series of old prints gives a room a dynamic look." Camera Print, $32; onekingslane.com
This book reminds Wilson of her teenage years in Malibu. "I'm a true California girl at heart," she says. The History of Surfing, $35; onekingslane.com
Rita's New Album
AM/FM goes on sale May 8.
- CONTRIBUTORS Asher Fogle,
- Liza Hamm,
- Thailan Pham.
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!