Star Tracks: Monday, May 16, 2016 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- 10 of Princess Diana's Best-Remembered PEOPLE Covers
- Read the Cover Story: The Gosselins 10 Years Later: 'So Much Has Changed'
- The Biggest Celeb Real Estate News of the Month: Bernie Buys Big, Hugh Hefner Sells and More!
- Leslie Jones Lost 40 Lbs. This Year with Kate McKinnon's Help: 'She Would Make Me Walk to Dinner!'
- Mel Brooks Opens Up About the Death of His Dear Friend Gene Wilder: 'I'm Still Reeling'
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- June 11, 2012
- Vol. 77
- No. 24
The Queen's Jubilee: Diamond Girl!
As Elizabeth II Celebrates 60 Years on the Throne, the Palace Opens Its Doors for a Rare Look at Her Royal Rocks
The Girls of Great Britain and Ireland tiara was a wedding present from Queen Mary to granddaughter Elizabeth.
GOOD TO BE QUEEN
The 22.48-carat whopper on the Coronation Necklace (right, with earrings, and, above left, on Elizabeth at her investiture) is the famed Lahore Diamond.
The "Fringe Brooch," made from a stone the Turkish sultan gave Queen Victoria in 1856, was recently worn by Elizabeth (inset, right) to meet the Turkish president.
"Her love of diamonds reveals her very feminine side," Robert Lacey, author of The Queen: A Life in Brief, says of Elizabeth (inset, wearing the Williamson Brooch).
DIAMONDS ON DISPLAY
An exhibit featuring the Queen's gems opens at Buckingham Palace June 30. royalcollection.org.uk
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!