Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 41 years, 2,189 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Texas Boy Sentenced to Probation for Beating His Neighbor's Dog to Death
- The Best Photos from the Week of August 24- August 30, 2015
- Off-Duty Texas Cop Found Dead Inside Home
- EXCLUSIVE PHOTO: Shonda Rhimes Poses with the Casts of Scandal, Grey's Anatomy, and How to Get Away with Murder
- Father-of-Four Officer Killed Outside Chicago Wanted to Retire but was Convinced to Stay – as Search for His Killers Continues
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
The 2012 ACM Tribute: Behind the Scenes: Lionel Richie
Country Stars Get Sentimental-and Starstruck!-Honoring the Pop Hitmaker
Backstage before the show, country stars embraced their superfans within, greeting Richie and reminiscing about what his music meant to them. "I knew they knew the songs, but not like this," Richie said. "They're telling me stories of growing up with me!"
Lady Antebellum's Hillary Scott said she learned to sing harmony by listening to "Easy" as a little girl, while Tim McGraw remembered playing a 45 of "Still" over and over in his bedroom. "One of my earliest memories of wanting to sing was to Commodores records," he said. For Luke Bryan, Richie's songs evoked memories of the brother he lost in 1996: "He couldn't sing worth a dang, but he loved the old Commodores song 'Oh No,' and I remember him attempting to sing it!" And Kenny Chesney credited his mom, who would sing Richie's music around the house, with sparking his own love for Lionel: "This is as big a deal for her as it is for me," he said.
With 13 Top 10 singles in the '80s, "Lionel was at every homecoming, every prom; it was just hit after hit," said Rascal Flatts's Gary LeVox. "And his heart is bigger than any song he's ever written."
For Richie, all the country love felt like home. "I'm from Tuskegee, Alabama, so I'm pretending more in Beverly Hills than I am here," he said. "I feel like I've found a family of great talent that could be my great new old friends."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!