Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,173 covers and 55,054 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Mae Whitman Talks Parenthood Finale and What's Next
- The Style Top 5: Sarah Jessica Parker Brings Her Shoe Line to Zappos, Katy Perry Preps for the Super Bowl and More
- Heidi Pratt's Father Arrested on Child Sex Abuse Charges
- Harry Potter Star Robbie Coltrane Hospitalized in Florida
- Kim Kardashian's Ultimate Instagram? See Her and Kanye with President Obama
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Saturday January 31, 2015 08:10AM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- July 02, 2012
- Vol. 78
- No. 1
The TV star shares a dish inspired by her childhood on Cape Cod. 'We put cranberry sauce on everything,' she says
CRANBERRY BOG TURKEY BURGERS
2 tbsp. butter
1 small McIntosh or Honeycrisp apple, peeled, cored and finely chopped
1 rib celery, from the heart, finely chopped
1 small white onion, chopped
1 rounded tsp. poultry seasoning
Kosher salt and pepper
1½ lbs. ground turkey
Vegetable oil, for drizzling
1 cup prepared whole-berry cranberry sauce
½ cup mayo or soy mayo
4 sandwich-size sourdough English muffins, split and toasted
8 leaves Bibb lettuce
1. Heat butter in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add apple and next 3 ingredients; season with salt and pepper. Cook until softened, 6 to 7 minutes. Transfer to a bowl; cool.
2. Add turkey to cooled apple mix; season with salt and pepper; mix thoroughly. Score mixture into 4 equal portions and form patties slightly thinner at center than at edges for even cooking and to ensure a flat surface (burgers plump as they cook). Heat a drizzle of oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook burgers, flipping once, 10 to 12 minutes, or until juices run clear.
3. In a small bowl mix cranberry sauce and mayo. Spread mayo on toasted muffins. Add burgers and lettuce.
Ray's The Book of Burger is available in stores now.
Angelo Sosa's GRILLED CORN
The Top Chef alumnus offers up a dish that's 'the epitome of summer,' he says
GRILLED CORN WITH COCONUT FLAKES & SPICY MAYO
4 ears corn, shucked
4 tbsp. unsalted butter
2 sprigs fresh thyme
1 cup mayonnaise
2 tbsp. Sriracha
Sriracha, 17-oz. bottle, $7.66; amazon.com
1½ tsp. kosher salt
¼ cup sweetened coconut flakes
1. Preheat grill to medium-high. Add corn, butter and thyme to a pot of water over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil; reduce and simmer until corn is tender, about 10 minutes. Drain.
2. Meanwhile, in a bowl, whisk together mayo, Sriracha and salt until smooth. In a skillet, toast coconut over medium heat, stirring, 3 to 5 minutes.
3. Grill corn, turning, until charred, about 10 minutes. Cover with spicy mayo and coconut.
Recipe adapted from Flavor Exposed by Angelo Sosa
Buddy Valastro's SWEET TREAT
This dessert recipe is 'perfect for a cookout,' says TLC's Cake Boss and owner of Carlo's Bakery in Hoboken, N.J.
RED, WHITE & BLUE STRAWBERRIES
Makes 8 strawberries
8 extra-large strawberries, stems attached
¾ cup white chocolate chips
3 tbsp. blue sanding sugar (or sprinkles)
1. Rinse berries and pat dry.
2. Line a plate with wax paper or foil.
3. Place chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl and heat in 45 second intervals until smooth, 1½ to 2 minutes total.
4. Place sugar in a small bowl. Holding by stem, dip berry until 2/3 covered with chocolate, shaking off excess.
5. Dip bottom third into sugar. Place berry on paper; repeat with other berries. Chill 30 minutes. Best eaten same day.
The owners of the Chicago restaurant 25 Degrees share a drink recipe 'that pairs perfectly with burgers'
Blend together 1½ cups vanilla ice cream (straight from freezer), ½ banana, 2 tbsp. spiced rum and 2 tbsp. butterscotch sauce in a blender until smooth. Pour into a tall glass and top with 1 tbsp. dark rum. Dollop with whipped cream.
- CONTRIBUTORS Liza Hamm,
- Catherine Kast,
- Thailan Pham,
- Suzanne Zuckerman.
January 31, 2015
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!