Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,178 covers and 55,102 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Don Johnson and Melanie Griffith Reunite To Watch Daughter Dakota Host Saturday Night Live
- The Style Top 5: Cara Delevingne Gets Handsy With Her BFFs, Kim Kardashian's Unique Way of Thanking Her Fans and More
- Little Girl with Tumor Has One Final Wish – to Dance with Taylor Swift
- Sofia Vergara Sees You Staring at Joe Manganiello – and She Loves It
- William Shatner Can't Attend Leonard Nimoy's Funeral: 'I Feel Really Awful'
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- June 25, 2012
- Vol. 77
- No. 26
The Muscles of Magic Mike!
The Men of the Hot Summer Film Open Up About What It Took to Get Rock-Hard Abs, Pecs of Steel and the Guts to Play Male Strippers
Getting in shape to play a werewolf on True Blood is so intense-he works out twice a day, focusing on different body parts, six days a week-that the actor, 35, didn't even need to diet for Mike. "I ate a ton," he admits.
Does cardio on an empty stomach for maximum results.
Cardio and weights five times a week helped the former "couch potato," 22, bulk up. But the film's rigorous dancing made the biggest impact. "The coordination involved was much harder than hitting the gym," he says.
Packed on 15 lbs. of muscle.
"You wanna see a guy really get into shape?" asks the Texan, 42. "Tell him he's going to be stripping on a 40-ft. screen." With just 10 days to prepare, he ate five meals of only protein and worked out twice a day.
Bought the cast cheeseburgers and fries at the end of the shoot.
Tatum, 32 (a former exotic dancer), lifted weights and did cardio for three hours a day and followed a strict dairy- and gluten-free diet. The result? He had "under 5 percent body fat," says nutritionist Phil Goglia.
Snacked on almonds and cherry tomatoes.
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!