Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,180 covers and 55,278 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Cate Blanchett on Watching Her Three Sons Bond with Baby Edith: It's Extraordinary
- The Best Photos from the Week of Mar. 23- Mar. 29, 2015
- DWTS: Charlotte McKinney Says Her Dyslexia Made It Hard to Learn the Steps
- Ohio Woman Stabbed Boyfriend Because He Ate All the Salsa, Police Say
- Jonathan Bricklin on Ex Susan Sarandon: 'I Love Her More Than Anyone'
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- July 02, 2012
- Vol. 78
- No. 1
Helping Girls Fight Eating Disorders
One look at Kristina Saffran and Liana Rosenman-all white teeth, glowing skin and glossy hair-and you'd never know it. But in 2006, when Kristina, then 14, met Liana, then 15, in an inpatient eating disorder program, they were sick girls. Diagnosed with anorexia at 10, Kristina had been hospitalized twice after living on 600 calories a day. Liana was losing hair, and in 2007 was put on suicide watch after her parents took the measuring cup she used to parse food. "I needed," she says, "to get control of my life." They began to lean on each other. "I would call in tears," Kristina says. "She would say, 'You've come so far.'"
Back to health by 2008 and now in college, they founded the nonprofit Project Heal (theprojectheal.org). Raising $180,000 through donations and grants, they've helped seven women and girls get top-flight eating disorder treatment they couldn't afford and that insurance often doesn't cover. One grateful recipient: Danielle Engen, 25, who was treated for anorexia and bulimia at La Ventana in Thousand Oaks, Calif. "I was so sick," she says. "They saved me."
KNOW A HERO? SEND SUGGESTIONS TO HEROESAMONGUS@PEOPLEMAG.COM
March 30, 2015
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!