Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 41 years, 2,187 covers and 55,435 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- How Radio Superstar Elvis Duran Lost 100 Lbs.
- Read the Cover Story: Inside Blake & Miranda's Shocking Split
- How Scott Disick May Have Blown a Second Chance with Kourtney Kardashian
- Gwyneth Paltrow Releases 'Biggie' and 'Pac' Clutches (So We Found 5 More of the Goopiest Products on Her Site)
- Sarah Michelle Gellar's Daughter Inherited Her Mom's Buffy Strength, Freddie Prinze Jr. Reveals
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- July 30, 2012
- Vol. 78
- No. 5
The chef at the Greenbrier resort—who will represent the U.S.A. in the culinary contest the Bocuse d'Or—shares a dish that's 'incredibly refreshing on a hot day'
CHILLED HEIRLOOM TOMATO SOUP
Serves 6 to 8
2½ lbs. heirloom (or conventional)
tomatoes, peeled and cut into big pieces
1 clove garlic
6 leaves basil, plus extra for garnish
4 tbsp. olive oil
2 tbsp. red wine vinegar
2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
1 pinch salt
2 pinches sugar
2 cucumbers, peeled
1 red watermelon
1 golden watermelon (if available)
1. Puree tomatoes, garlic, basil, olive oil and vinegar in a food processor. Put mixture in a pot and add chicken stock, salt and sugar. Heat soup until warm. Place pot in a large bowl filled with ice. Refrigerate until thoroughly chilled, at least 2 hours.
2. Use a melon baller to scoop out cucumber and watermelon. Place in bowls. Add soup. Garnish with basil. Serve.
The actress and entertaining expert shares tips on setting a stylish summer table
"It adds a pop of blue-like the sea," says Spelling of the plastic tumbler from a line sold at her L.A. store. Le Cadeaux Fleur Small Tumbler Glass, $6; inventori.com
"I love the texture of these place mats," she says. "You could also line the center of your table with them to create a driftwood runner." Driftwood Placemat, $38; seasideinspired.com
"This tray adds a coastal look and is perfect for bite-size appetizers," she says. Stinson Rectangle Tray, $9.99; worldmarket.com for stores
"These napkin rings made of banana bark speak to the season you're celebrating," she says. "Very summery!" Banana Bark Napkin Ring, $4; westelm.com
Spelling is the host of Craft Wars, which airs Tuesdays at 10 p.m. ET on TLC
- CONTRIBUTORS Liza Hamm,
- Suzanne Zuckerman.
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!