Star Tracks: Monday, May 16, 2016 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- FROM EW: Meg Ryan and Tom Hanks Reunite in Trailer for Her Directorial Debut Ithaca
- Read the Cover Story: George Turns 3: The Preschool Prince!
- Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Enjoy Romantic Dinner Date in L.A. – Get the Details!
- President Obama Passes The Torch: 'Never A Man Or Woman – Not Me, Not Bill, Nobody – More Qualified Than Hillary Clinton'
- Tim Kaine Dedicates First Speech as VP Nominee to His Son Deployed With Marines: 'I Trust Hillary Clinton With Our Son's Life'
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- July 16, 2012
- Vol. 78
- No. 3
When Rob Met Nora ...
The first thing Nora did was interview me. She was the ultimate reporter. Sally became an extension of Nora, and Harry was like an extension of me. There was no better observer on that dance that men and women do with each other. But whatever she said was never just funny; it carried real threads of profound truths.
Every day we would have lunch while she was writing it. And Nora was the single best person ever to eat with. Not only was she this funny, intelligent conversationalist, but she also orchestrated what you were gonna eat. And she was always right! She had this way of ordering things that made it come out better than even the chef imagined. I said, "Nora, we've got to put this in the movie!" When you see Sally ordering things, that is Nora. I would just order a number 3, but Nora wanted it the way she wanted. [The deli scene with Sally] faking the orgasm was Nora's idea. I said, "Really? I can't believe that's true. I would know if that happened." She said, "No, you wouldn't." I did a casual poll around the office, and all the women said yes, at one point or another they had [faked it]. I was shocked. I mean, all of them?
The best times I can remember are dinner at her house. She made it beautiful. Anyone who knew Nora is going to miss that. She was, as they say, a truly great hang.
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!