Makes 1 serving
1 Bartlett pear, peeled Cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 375. Remove thin slice from bottom of pear; sprinkle with cinnamon.
2. Place pear in lightly greased 8-in. square baking pan. Bake 35 minutes or until tender when pierced with wooden pick. Cool to room temperature. Scoop fruit straight from pear to serve.
Makes 6 cups
1 tbsp. olive oil
½ yellow onion, finely chopped
1 medium zucchini, finely chopped
1 carrot, finely chopped
1 cup diced fresh tomatoes
½ (15-oz.) can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
3 cups reduced-sodium vegetable broth
¼ cup pastini (optional)
½ tsp. kosher salt
1 tsp. finely chopped fresh basil
1-2 tbsp. shredded
1. Cook onion in large saucepan in hot oil over medium heat 5 minutes or until softened.
2. Add zucchini and carrot; cook 2 to 3 minutes or until caramelized. Add tomatoes, beans and broth; bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
3. Add pasta and salt; reduce heat and simmer uncovered 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in basil and Parmesan.
*Blend for children under age 2.