Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,180 covers and 55,277 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Venezuelan Woman Earns Apartment After Hitting President with Mango
- The Style Top 5: Gigi Hadid Shares Her Beauty Don'ts, Blake Lively's Million Dollar Style Week and More
- 13 Reasons to Love Just One of the Guys 30 Years Later
- Even Stephen Hawking Has an Opinion on Zayn Leaving One Direction
- Jay Z Defends Tidal After the New Service Is Slammed in the Press: 'We Are Human'
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- August 20, 2012
- Vol. 78
- No. 8
Meet the Johnstons: A Family That Aims High
Amber and Trent Johnston May Be Little People, But They're Showing Their Five Children That No Challenge Is Too Big
Instead, she put her energy into becoming a happy one. Today, at 33 years old and 4 ft. tall, Amber-wife, mother, PTA volunteer and Girl Scout troop leader-has a big life. She and husband Trent, who is 4'3", and their brood of two biological and three adopted children, are known in their Barnesville, Ga., neighborhood for barbecues and backyard fun, not the achondroplasia dwarfism that explains their small stature (see box). "I tell people," Trent, 36, says, "our arms and legs are short, not our minds." With average-size furniture in their home-where stools are used to reach countertops and sticks to flick on light switches-and a willingness to let their kids struggle a bit, the Johnstons try to instill what all good parents hope to: self-respect, steely determination and a refusal to let others set limits for them. "Once they walk out this door," says Trent, a grounds supervisor at a local college, "no part of this world is built for them." By sharing their story, they hope to teach the average-size world a lesson too: "We're little people," Amber says, "but don't judge us as any less of a person."
- SYDNEY BERGER.
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!