- Jennifer Lopez Goes Completely Makeup Free in Hilarious Dubsmash Video with Casper Smart
- Read the Cover Story: Amy Duggar King: I'm Doing It My Way
- Vomit, Dennis Rodman and Boobs: What It's Like Inside the Philadelphia Wing Bowl
- Saint West's Family Lookalike Isn't Kim or Kanye – It's North, Friend Malika Haqq Says
- 'First Day Back at the Inn': See the First Photo from the Set of the Gilmore Girls Revival
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
- September 17, 2012
- Vol. 78
- No. 12
Dana Delany: Her Dad's Inspiring Final Days
Diagnosed with Pancreatic Cancer and Given Months to Live, Jack Delany Hung on to See His Daughter's Broadway Debut
His struggle lasted nine months, during which time he went on a macrobiotic diet and returned to the Catholic Church. "He used the time to make amends with people, to end things well," says Delany, 56. "I was so proud." But today the star of ABC's Body of Proof is appalled at the lack of progress treating the disease that claimed her father, a frustration she'll share when she takes part in Stand Up to Cancer, a fund-raising telecast airing live on ABC, CBS, FOX, NBC and several cable channels on Sept. 7.
The tears flow easily when Delany, wearing a summer dress and sandals at a Santa Monica restaurant, recalls memories of her dad. The WWII vet went into the family flush-valve business but had "the soul of an artist" and shared his love of movies with his stage-struck middle child. Three months before he died, Jack saw Delany in the Irish play A Life at Broadway's Morosco Theatre. Afterward "we hugged, and he told me how proud he was," she says. "He saw my career was launched, that I'd be okay. I think it gave him a sense of peace. That meant so much."
FOR MORE INFORMATION, GO TO: STANDUP2CANCER.ORG
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!