Archive Page - 08/16/13 40 years, 2,168 covers and 54,870 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Lance Bass: I Want My Wedding to Be the Royal Wedding Meets the Met Ball
- Read the Cover Story: Family and Friends Remember Robin Williams
- British Man Claims to Have Spent $150K+ to Look Like Kim Kardashian
- Craig Ferguson Tells Why He Won't Cry on his Final Episode of Late Late Show
- 13 Reasons Bill Murray Had His Best Year Yet
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Thursday December 18, 2014 03:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
WITH HER FOURTH ALBUM AND HER SECOND FRAGRANCE ON THE WAY, THE SINGER SHARES HER FASHION AND BEAUTY MUST-HAVES
Favorite Drugstore Buy
"CoverGirl Lashblast mascara is my favorite because I've had a lot of pro makeup artists use it on me during cover shoots."
CoverGirl Lashblast Volume Mascara, $8.95; at drugstores
She's sold more than 12 million albums (her latest, Red, is out Oct. 22) and topped Forbes' List of the Richest Celebrities Under 30, thanks to raking in $57 million from music, movies, endorsements and her fragrance line last year. But when it comes to fashion, Swift, 22, takes a decidedly understated approach. "My style is feminine, classic and retro," she says.
Biggest Fashion Splurge "I have this classic pearl necklace I'm pretty sure was expensive, but I wear it all the time because it makes me feel super classy."
Fashion Risk She Wants to Try "I want to rock a pantsuit one day. Dresses are my complete comfort zone, and it would be liberating to break free once."
Must-Have Beauty Product "I couldn't live without red lipstick or lip stain. I love colorful lips, and in my mind, everything else isn't absolutely necessary in comparison."
Favorite Color Nail Polish "Blue is usually my go-to, and I'll wear anything from turquoise to dark blue to sky blue."
Celebrity Closet She Wants to Raid "I would totally go through Zoe Saldana's closet. That girl knows how to dress."
Country Style Icon "Faith Hill, because she always looks like a knockout no matter what she wears."
Favorite Celebrity Hair "Zooey Deschanel's. It's so thick and shiny, and her bangs look like they're made of magic."
Signature Accessory "A headband or black classic-looking sunglasses."
Favorite Outfit "I have this blue floral vintage dress that makes me so happy. It's the prettiest dress I have."
Best Beauty Trick "I learned that if you powder your lips after you put lipstick on, you can make red lips last longer."
GET HER STYLE
1. Anthropologie Circle & Square Headband, $32; anthropologie.com
2. CoverGirl Blast Flipstick in Cheeky, $8.49; at drugstores
3. OPI nail lacquer in (from left) Blue My Mind, No Room for Blues, and Fly, $8.50 each; opi.com for salons
4. Rebecca Taylor blue cap sleeve dress, $295; rebeccataylor.com
5. Charming Charlie black shades, $9.97; charming CHARLIE stores nationwide
6. Carolee "The Michelle" two-row 12mm white pearl choker, $60; carolee.com
Swift's second fragrance, Wonderstruck Enchanted, hits stores October 2012. $49.50 for 1.7 oz., stagestores.com
What's the best trick you ever learned from a stylist?
"Spanx! Randy Houser has this song where he says, 'I'm going out with my boots on,' but I change the words to 'I'm going out with my Spanx on!' Suck in!" -KELLIE PICKLER
GET THE LOOK
Chantilly Lace Bodysuit, $198; spanx.com
Let us spell it out for you: Personalized jewelry is having a moment! Celebrity makeup artist Melissa Schleicher loves customized jewelry so much, she gave Charlene K initial pendants to all the staffers at her Nashville salon Parlour 3, as well as her client Carrie Underwood. "I love initials because they're simple, so you can pair them with a pop of colored jewelry like turquoise for a different look," says Schleicher. Carries loves to wear her gold "C," but if you'd rather not wear your own name or initial, try sporting the name or initial of someone you love. That way you'll quite literally always have that person close to your heart.
SOME PERSONALIZED FAVORITES
1. K NECKLACE Charlene K rose gold vermeil initial pendant necklace, $60, Stacey Rhodes Boutique in Nashville; 615-221-9992. 2. M NECKLACE Melissa Joy Manning recycled sterling silver lowercase initial necklace, $115, melissajoymanning.com 3. GOLD EMJ MONOGRAM Jennifer Zeuner gold vermeil art deco 3 initial monogram necklace, $198, jenniferzeuner.com 4. W NECKLACE Dog-eared silver initial charm and 18" sterling silver chain, $26 for charm and $34 for chain, dogeared.com 5. B NECKLACE Waxing Poetic Sterling Silver Personalized Charm Baby Insignia with 18" sterling silver Waxing Poetic Chain, $37 for charm and $29 for chain, laylagrayce.com 6. Z NECKLACE Ariel Gordon silver Initial Pendant Necklace, $115, maxandchloe.com 7. RACHEL NECKLACE Sarah Chloe "Ava" name necklace in yellow gold plated, $139, sarahchloe.com
December 18, 2014
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!