Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- WATCH: Do You Trust Jordan on The Bachelorette?
- Read the Cover Story: Matthew McConaughey: Love, Family & What I've Learned
- 12 Amazing Accessories That'll Give You the Pretty Little Liars Look
- This Genius Hair Oil Will Give You a Salon-Worthy Blowout in No Time
- Jazz Jennings Becomes the Youngest Grand Marshal at N.Y.C.'s Pride Parade: It's 'About Loving Yourself'
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- September 17, 2012
- Vol. 78
- No. 12
The award-winning chef shares a favorite dessert. 'You cannot get this wrong,' he says
1 store-bought graham cracker crust
2 large eggs, cold
2 large egg yolks, cold
¾ cup sugar
½ cup fresh lemon juice
6 tbsp. cold unsalted butter, cut into 6 pieces
1. In a pot, bring about 1½ inches of water to a boil. Meanwhile, in a metal bowl, whisk the eggs, yolks and sugar for about 1 minute. Set the bowl over the pot and whisk for 2 minutes. Whisk in lemon juice in 3 parts.
2. Continue whisking vigorously, until mixture is thickened and light in color. Total cooking time is 8 to 10 minutes. Turn off heat and whisk in butter 1 piece at a time. Pour warm mixture into crust; place the pan on a baking sheet.
3. Place tart under the broiler for a few seconds to brown. Serve at room temperature or cold.
Thomas Keller's new cookbook, Bouchon Bakery, will be in stores Oct. 23.
3 Fun Ways to Use
Food Network star Melissa d'Arabian offers some easy recipes to give a supermarket roaster a gourmet spin
1. CHICKEN-BASIL-TOMATO BRUSCHETTA (Makes 15 to 20)
Combine 1½ cups shredded chicken with 1 cup seeded, diced tomatoes, 3 tbsp. chopped basil leaves and salt and pepper to taste. Divide mixture evenly over toasted baguette slices; drizzle with olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
2. CHICKEN SALSA COMBO (Makes 15 to 20)
Mix 1 cup diced chicken, 1 cup seeded, diced tomatoes, ¾ cup canned white beans, rinsed and drained, 1 large shallot, finely diced; 2 tbsp. chopped cilantro, 2 tbsp. fresh lime juice, and salt and pepper to taste in a medium bowl. Spread prepared guacamole over toasted baguette slices; top with chicken mixture.
3. BBQ CHICKEN BITES (Makes 15 to 20)
Combine 2½ cups shredded chicken, 1 cup prepared barbecue sauce and 2 tbsp. apple cider vinegar in a large microwave-safe bowl; cover bowl with a damp paper towel. Cook on high 1½ to 2 minutes, stirring after 1 minute. Spoon mixture evenly over toasted baguette slices; top with prepared coleslaw or chopped pickles.
Mixing in white beans creates a hearty "salsa-style sauce," she says.
"With the crunchy slaw and barbecue sauce, it's like a backyard cookout in one bite," she says.
"Adding chicken amps up the classic bruschetta," says d'Arabian.
Melissa d'Arabian's Ten Dollar Dinners cookbook is in stores now.
Jeffrey Saad's HOMEMADE HUMMUS
The Cooking Channel host shares a popular recipe for a 'rich and silky' party dip
1 large head garlic
1 tsp. olive oil
2½ cups canned garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
4 tsp. tahini
1/3 cup water
1½ tsp. kosher salt
¼ tsp. ground cumin
¼ cup fresh lemon juice
1. Preheat the oven to 400. Slice off ¼ inch of the pointed head of garlic and lay bottom on a piece of aluminum foil and drizzle with the oil. Bring up the sides of the foil to form a pouch. Roast garlic until it is dark brown and soft, 45 to 50 minutes. Cool.
2. Squeeze the roasted cloves of garlic into the bowl of a food processor. Add the garbanzo beans, tahini, water, salt, cumin and lemon juice. Puree until smooth and creamy, at least 3 minutes. 3. Scrape down sides of the bowl, and process for 3 to 5 more minutes.
Saad's cookbook Global Kitchen is in stores now.
- CONTRIBUTORS Thailan Pham,
- Emily Strohm,
- Suzanne Zuckerman.
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!