Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 41 years, 2,187 covers and 55,435 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Sarah Michelle Gellar's Daughter Inherited Her Mom's Buffy Strength, Freddie Prinze Jr. Reveals
- Read the Cover Story: Inside Blake & Miranda's Shocking Split
- Miranda Lambert Kicks Up Her Heels, Jokes and Sings Songs About Heartbreak at Nashville Fundraiser
- Orange Is the New Black's Selenis Levya on Growing Up with a Transgender Sister: I Fight for Her 'on a Daily Basis'
- Olivia Culpo Bares All in Her First Naked Shoot
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- September 03, 2012
- Vol. 78
- No. 10
Kate and William: Royal & Real
Serious and Subdued? No Way! The Prince and Princess Let Down Their Guard and Openly Revel in Wedded Bliss
And so, for the first time in, oh, the 1,000-plus-year history of the monarchy, Kate and William are making royal marriage look truly fun. Whether doing the wave at the Olympics, strolling the beach with their dog Lupo or bonding with each other's families, the young royals, both 30, "project a real image that the public can connect with," says Katie Nicholl, author of The Making of a Royal Romance. "They are comfortable being spontaneous."
More than a year into their union, the couple have struck a balance between the cozy domestic routine they so prize and the public life that comes with the crown. "They have a deep understanding of each other," says former royal press secretary Colleen Harris. In Anglesey, Wales, where William is a Royal Air Force search-and-rescue pilot-he helped save a drowning girl on Aug. 16-Kate enjoys her role as an officer's wife, while in London she takes meetings and walks in Kensington Gardens. And then there are the dates they steal for themselves-as they did earlier this summer to catch The Avengers. "When you have to be in the spotlight so much, you do need to be able to disappear and just be normal," says a royal source. "That's very important to them."
- Simon Perry/London,
- Monique Jessen/London,
- Dimi Gaidatzi/Anglesey.
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!