Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,172 covers and 54,888 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- "We Are the World" on Its 30th Anniversary: 5 Things to Know
- The Style Top 5: A Look at a Sexy New Jeans Ad (Starring Adrian Grenier)
Kendall Jenner's Makeup Secret & More
- Join PEOPLE for SAG Awards Fun & Live Pre-Show at 6 P.M. ET!
- What Reality Show Gets Kroll Show Star Nick Kroll to Move His Hips?
- 7 Reasons We Can't Wait For the SAG Awards
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Sunday January 25, 2015 03:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- September 03, 2012
- Vol. 78
- No. 10
Helps Her Neighbors in Tough Times
SUDDENLY VULNERABLE: A mom of three and avid cyclist, Washek was a model of self-sufficiency. But after a test revealed cancer, she came to rely on people who raised their hands to cook, clean and shuttle her kids to soccer. "I was touched," Washek says, "by how the community embraced us."
NEIGHBORS IN NEED: Working with friend Jean Seiden (who died of cancer in '06), she organized the acts of kindness into a volunteer network that started as a 40-person e-mail chain. That grew into Neighbor Brigade (neighborbrigade.org), whose 3,200 members help families in crisis.
THERE WHEN YOU NEED THEM: Dozens of strangers have driven Nick Panzeri, 39, of Billerica, to cognitive therapy while he recovers from brain-tumor surgery. "I feel so much less alone," says his wife, Sara. So does Brianna Anthony, whose family had meals delivered to them after losing their Natick home in a fire. "These people," she says, "really care."
KNOW A HERO? SEND SUGGESTIONS TO HEROESAMONGUS@PEOPLEMAGCOM
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!