Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,172 covers and 54,888 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- 360º of SAG Red Carpet Glamour
- The Best Photos from the Week of Jan. 19- Jan. 25, 2015
- Doritos Wants You to Pick Its Super Bowl Ad
- Will Derick Dillard Embrace Fatherhood? A 19 Kids & Counting Sneak Peek (VIDEO)
- On Anniversary of Auschwitz's Liberation, a Survivor Remembers Living Through the Gas Chamber
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday January 27, 2015 07:10AM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
The Little Big Town Singer Turned TV Chef Shares Her Mom's Recipe for a Holiday Favorite
Makes: about 5 dozen Hands-on time: 2 hrs. Total time: 7 hrs.
2/3 cup butter-flavored shortening
2/3 cup sugar
½ cup firmly packed light brown sugar
½ cup molasses
½ cup cold coffee
4 cups all-purpose flour
1½ tsp. ground ginger
1 tsp. baking soda
½ tsp. salt
½ tsp. ground allspice
½ tsp. ground cinnamon
1. Beat shortening and sugars at medium speed with an electric mixer until fluffy.
2. Combine molasses and coffee; set aside.
3. Sift together flour and next 5 ingredients; add to butter mixture alternately with coffee mixture. Begin and end with flour mixture. Divide dough into fourths; wrap each in plastic wrap. Chill 4 hours.
4. Preheat oven to 400. Roll out each dough portion to ¼-in. thickness on a lightly floured surface. Cut into shapes with 3- to 4-in. cookie cutters. Place cookies 2 inches apart on parchment paper-lined baking sheets. Bake 8 minutes. Cool 2 minutes; transfer to wire racks to cool completely.
January 26, 2015
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!