Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,181 covers and 55,435 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Sharon Osbourne Taking One-Month Break from The Talk After Collapsing
- Read the Cover Story – Tess Holliday: The World's First Size 22 Supermodel!
- Robert De Niro Gives Blunt, Funny, Inspiring Commencement Speech to Acting School Grads
- Chris Pratt Apologizes in Advance for Potential 'JurassicGate' and Misbehaving on Press Tour
- Kris Jenner Tries to Embarrass Daughters Kourtney and Kim Kardashian with a Throwback Pic of Their Model Poses
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
The American Idol Winner Is Grateful to Be Just Another Kid on Campus
Every freshman is nervous on their first day-especially when your schedule ends up in shreds-but when you're an American Idol winner balancing celebrity and the desire to just be another kid on campus, you might be a little more freaked out than most. "The first week or two, I was really conscious about staying low-key," he says. "I had my hat pulled down so far, it was below my eyes. I didn't want to draw attention to myself."
McCreery now feels comfortable enough to leave the hat at home, but as much as he tries to blend in, most of his classmates don't spend their weekends touring with Brad Paisley or promoting a new CD (Christmas with Scotty McCreery). "People ask me, 'How do you do it?' I say, 'I'm like Hannah Montana!' I have my school life, and then I go on the road. I want to keep a balance of the two."
Keeping school in the equation was especially important to McCreery, despite some in the industry telling him he should focus only on music. "I had great-grandparents that didn't have the chance to even graduate from high school because they were working on the farm, so I value my education," he says. "I told Garth Brooks that I was going to college and that not everybody was too excited. He was like, 'You better go to college and get your degree!' This is coming from somebody that got his degree. I mean he's doing pretty good for himself, so I think I'll take his advice!"
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!