Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 41 years, 2,187 covers and 55,435 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Don't Mess with Olivia Munn! See Her Insane Tae Kwon Do Moves (VIDEO)
- The Best Photos from the Week of July 27- August 2, 2015
- Kate Mara's Dad Isn't Into Her Pixie Cut: 'I Texted Him, I Miss You, and He Responded, I Miss Your Hair!'
- Meryl Streep Says She Got a Guitar Lesson from Neil Young – and It Was Killer
- Louis Tomlinson Opens Up About Fatherhood as One Direction Performs New Single 'Drag Me Down' in Central Park
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
The American Idol Winner Is Grateful to Be Just Another Kid on Campus
Every freshman is nervous on their first day-especially when your schedule ends up in shreds-but when you're an American Idol winner balancing celebrity and the desire to just be another kid on campus, you might be a little more freaked out than most. "The first week or two, I was really conscious about staying low-key," he says. "I had my hat pulled down so far, it was below my eyes. I didn't want to draw attention to myself."
McCreery now feels comfortable enough to leave the hat at home, but as much as he tries to blend in, most of his classmates don't spend their weekends touring with Brad Paisley or promoting a new CD (Christmas with Scotty McCreery). "People ask me, 'How do you do it?' I say, 'I'm like Hannah Montana!' I have my school life, and then I go on the road. I want to keep a balance of the two."
Keeping school in the equation was especially important to McCreery, despite some in the industry telling him he should focus only on music. "I had great-grandparents that didn't have the chance to even graduate from high school because they were working on the farm, so I value my education," he says. "I told Garth Brooks that I was going to college and that not everybody was too excited. He was like, 'You better go to college and get your degree!' This is coming from somebody that got his degree. I mean he's doing pretty good for himself, so I think I'll take his advice!"
August 04, 2015
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!