Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,181 covers and 55,435 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Josh Duggar Fallout Continues in Wake of Molestation Accusations
- Read the Cover Story: The Duggars' Dark Secrets
- Nicky Hilton Celebrates Her Upcoming Wedding with a 'Fairytale Bridal Shower' (Photos)
- The Man Bun Club Would Like to Formally Initiate Andrew Garfield (Warning: Hair Envy May Ensue)
- No Hard Feelings: The Bachelor's Whitney Bischoff Still Hangs Out with Her Former Competition
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- November 19, 2012
- Vol. 78
- No. 21
The Food Network star puts a fresh spin on a Thanksgiving staple. 'The mix of flavors makes it a must-have,' says Sánchez
Chorizo & Corn bread Stuffing
Makes 6 to 8 servings
1 lb. fresh Mexican chorizo sausage
1 medium white onion, finely chopped
1 medium carrot, finely chopped
1 stalk celery, finely chopped
3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
3 cups crumbled corn bread
¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro, plus more for garnish (optional)
½ cup low-sodium chicken broth
Grated cotija or Parmesan cheese, for garnish (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350. Heat a large skillet over medium heat and cook chorizo, breaking it up with a spoon until it begins to brown, about 5 minutes.
2. Add onion, carrot, celery and garlic. Cook, stirring occasionally, until vegetables brown, about 10 minutes. Add corn bread and cilantro; gradually pour in broth. Stir gently.
3. Butter casserole dish. Spread stuffing in an even layer. Bake until heated through and lightly browned, about 20 minutes. Garnish with the cilantro and cheese.
Adapted from a recipe in Sanchez's book Simple Food, Big Flavor
The cookbook author and former New York Times food critic shares a 'sweet and tart' take on the relish
GINGER CRANBERRY SAUCE
Makes about 2 cups
½ cup pecans, roughly chopped
1 (12-oz.) bag fresh or thawed frozen cranberries
¾ cup sugar
¾ cup fresh orange juice
1 tsp. grated fresh ginger
1½ tsp. orange zest
1. Toast pecans in large saute pan over medium heat, stirring occasionally, 4 to 5 minutes or until fragrant and golden brown. Remove from heat; set aside.
2. Cook cranberries, sugar and orange juice in a small saucepan over medium-high heat, stirring regularly, 4 to 6 minutes or until sugar melts and cranberries begin to pop.
3. Add ginger and orange zest; cook 2 to 3 minutes and remove from heat. Add pecans; cover and cool to room temperature.
4. Chill, covered, for at least 2 hours.
Recipe adapted from Sifton's book Thanksgiving: How to Cook It Well
The chef and owner of New York City's FP Patisserie bakeries shares a dessert that's 'rich and luxurious'
Makes 1 9-in. tart
1¼ cups flour
1½ tbsp. sugar
½ cup (1 stick) cold butter, cut into small pieces
1 egg yolk, beaten with 2 tbsp. ice water
¾ cup heavy cream
½ cup milk
8 oz. bittersweet chocolate, chopped
1 egg, lightly beaten
1. Combine flour and sugar in a food processor. Add butter, and process until mixture resembles coarse meal, 10 to 20 seconds. With machine running, add egg mixture through feed tube. Pulse until dough holds together without being wet or sticky. Form dough into ball; flatten into disk; wrap in plastic. Chill at least 1 hour.
2. Preheat oven to 350. On a floured board, roll dough into a 12-in. circle. Place in a 9-in. tart pan. Cut off excess, leaving about ½-in. dough above edge of pan. Chill 30 minutes. Bake 30 to 35 minutes. Cool.
3. Preheat oven to 325. In a small saucepan, bring cream and milk to a boil. Place chocolate in a bowl, and whisk in hot liquid. Let cool slightly, then whisk in egg. Pour into tart shell and bake 10 minutes. Let cool, then chill. About 1 hour before serving, bring to room temperature.
- CONTRIBUTORS Liza Hamm,
- Catherine Kast,
- Thailan Pham.
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!