Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Anthony Anderson Addresses Oscars Controversy at NAACP Image Awards: 'This Is What Diversity Is Supposed to Look Like'
- Read the Cover Story: Amy Duggar King: I'm Doing It My Way
- NAACP Image Awards 2016: Kerry Washington, Jada Pinkett Smith, Laverne Cox Make Best Dressed List
- Carolina Panthers' Kurt Coleman Opens Up About the Unique Bond He Shares With the College Teammate He Paralyzed
- Survivor Alum Michael Skupin Charged with Child Pornography and Racketeering
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- December 03, 2012
- Vol. 78
- No. 23
'It has lots of flavor with a little kick!' says Damon of the dish he and chef Ming Tsai cooked at a benefit for the Family Reach Foundation
Makes 20 appetizers
1 tbsp. cracked black peppercorns
¼ cup red wine
6 tbsp. Dijon mustard
2 tbsp. soy sauce
¾ tsp. chopped fresh thyme or ¼ tsp. dried thyme leaves
2 tbsp. minced garlic
½ cup plus 2 tbsp. canola oil
1 lb. hanger steak, trimmed and sliced across grain into ¼-in.-thick strips
20 (6- to 8-in.) bamboo skewers, soaked in water for 30 minutes
Freshly ground black pepper
1. Stir peppercorns in a small skillet over medium-high heat 2 to 4 minutes until fragrant and smoking; transfer to a large glass bowl. Add 1 tsp. salt and next 5 ingredients. Whisk oil gradually into mixture until smooth.
2. Toss beef in oil mixture to coat. Cover and chill 4 hours.
3. Thread beef strips onto skewers, leaving 1 to 2 inches of skewer open at 1 end. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Preheat grill to medium-high. Cook beef to medium doneness, about 2 to 3 minutes per side.
Recipe adapted from Family Reach's Cooking Live menu
The owner of the legendary New York City restaurant Le Cirque shares an Italian treat
1 sheet (½ 17.3-oz. package) frozen puff pastry dough, thawed
2 Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored and thinly sliced
2 tbsp. unsalted butter, melted and cooled
¼ cup light brown sugar
1. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. On a lightly floured surface, roll out puff pastry to 1/16-in. thickness. Cut dough into 4 6-in. rounds. Transfer rounds to baking sheets and prick dough all over with a fork. Chill at least 15 minutes.
2. Preheat the oven to 350. Arrange apple slices on dough rounds, rounded sides out, in concentric circles. Overlap slices so dough is completely covered. Brush apples with the butter and sprinkle with brown sugar. Bake tarts until apples are tender and pastry is crisp, about 30 to 35 minutes. Serve hot.
Recipe adapted from A Table at Le Cirque by Sirio Maccioni and Pamela Fiori
The interior designer and author shares some fave touches for a festive home
Thom Filicia's new design book American Beauty: Renovating and Decorating a Beloved Retreat is in stores now.
"Lush throws add a little touch of luxe to your holiday."
Eskimo Faux Fur Throw, $64.99; wayfair.com
A LITTLE SPARKLE
"These globes are a decorative way to bounce light around your space and add a beautiful glow," he says.
Lit Mercury Glass Globe, $29.50-54.50; potterybarn.com
"Hammered metal is a great way to add sparkle to your home," says Filicia.
Hammered Metal Platter, $24; westelm.com
"These napkins add a classic element to a gathering," he says.
Gilded Ice Feather Napkins, $3.99 for two; available in Target stores
"Make your guests feel special by adding layers of light."
Raj Hurricane, $17.95; crateandbarrel.com
"This web of textured twigs is fabulous—fill it with your favorite delectables," he says.
Branch Bowl, $69.95; zgallerie.com
- CONTRIBUTORS Thailan Pham,
- Emily Strohm,
- with Paul Chi.
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!