Archive Page - 08/16/13 40 years, 2,169 covers and 54,876 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Babysitter's Story of Masked Intruders Unravels as She's Charged in Strangulation Death of 5-Year-old
- The Style Top 5: The Best Star Style From the PEOPLE Magazine Awards
- Reese Witherspoon: My Divorce Made My Brain Feel Like 'Scrambled Eggs'
- See the Most Sizzling Fashion Moments from the PEOPLE Magazine Awards!
- FBI Says North Korea Responsible for Sony Hack, President Obama Promises Retaliation
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Friday December 19, 2014 05:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- November 26, 2012
- Vol. 78
- No. 22
The cookbook author and Iron Chef America judge shares a pasta dish that's 'hearty and satisfying'
LEMON-BASIL LASAGNA ROLLS
16 lasagna noodles
2½ cups marinara sauce, divided
1 15-oz. container part-skim ricotta cheese
Finely grated zest of 2 lemons
1 tbsp. chopped fresh oregano
1 cup julienned fresh basil, plus more for garnish
1 tsp. salt
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Cook lasagna noodles according to package directions until al dente; drain and rinse with cold water.
3. Cover bottom of a 9 × 13-in. baking dish with 1 cup marinara sauce.
4. Blend ricotta, zest, oregano, basil and salt in a medium bowl.
5. Spread 2 tbsp. ricotta mixture evenly over each noodle; roll each tightly to form a compact spiral.
6. Arrange rolled noodles neatly in baking dish and cover with the remaining sauce. Bake uncovered for 30 minutes.
7. Garnish with additional basil.
Recipe adapted from Cook Yourself Sexy by Candice Kumai
Alex Guarnaschelli's GARLIC BREAD
The Food Network star offers up her take on a classic. 'The soft buttery middle makes it difficult not to devour,' she says
Serves 8 to 10
1 whole head garlic, plus 3 cloves garlic, peeled
5 tbsp. olive oil, divided
4 tbsp. softened butter
1 large loaf Italian bread
2 tsp. dried oregano
1 tsp. paprika
1 tsp. dried chili flakes (optional)
½ tsp. salt
1. Split 1 whole garlic head in half horizontally; drizzle with 1 tbsp. oil. Wrap in foil and bake at 350 until soft, 40 minutes.
2. Cut bread in half lengthwise.
3. Finely mince 3 raw garlic cloves and combine with butter and remaining olive oil; spread evenly over bread and sprinkle with oregano, paprika, chili flakes and salt.
4. Squeeze roasted garlic cloves from their skins and spread evenly over bread. Wrap in foil; refrigerate overnight.
5. Preheat oven to 350. Bake bread in foil until hot, 25 to 30 minutes. Slice and serve hot.
- CONTRIBUTORS Liza Hamm,
- Thailan Pham.
December 19, 2014
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!